996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K16g Dyno Graphs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Banned
TrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to behold
K16g Dyno Graphs

Let's see what is out there. I'm looking to see the power band and ballpark whp numbers. Open to opinions on them from people who have tried multiple setups as well.

Thinking about going that direction, but want to be sure. Looking for an upgrade in throttle response, but not dogs on the top end.

Anyone get in the 550 whp range from a billet or 16g setup, and if so, with what supporting mods and what boost level.

TIA.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:30 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Get Eurodyne, get Tim941NYC to tune it for K16/16s and add some ICs, clutch and larger fueling (injectors), wallbro and you will be at or over 550 whp. On my stock K24s on E85 with the Eurodyne we are over 600 rwhp

Eurodyne with protune = but you can also log, add to the tune as you go along, do 2 step, rolling no lift shift, tune for E85----> E15 etc, simply do a quick tune for 100 oct race gas, mess with all the tuning tables yada yada yada

Eurodyne Tune + software $1500 (free upgrades as you mod)
K16/16s (marski has them) $1800
Clutch (not sure if you have upgraded from stock)
ETS or GT2RS Intercoolers - $1400-$1800

Fueling kit 1000 cc IDs, Wallbro E85 400 FP, 6 fuel line, 6 check valve $1200

Old 10-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Banned
TrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to beholdTrackHeavyTT is a splendid one to behold
600 whp on k24? Never heard of such a thing. But believable coming from Tim. Dont care for hunting E85 though.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:43 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
markski has a K16/16 kit which puts out 540 whp on his website, not sure what boost. My K24s are disobeying the laws of physics but the times are there to back it up, 6.76s 60-130 mph in 4th only and the calculated bhp numbers from my Longitudinal Gs, weight and speeds show 690-750 bhp

Old 10-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Banned
Those are what I'm looking at. My concern is the amount of boost necessary to get those numbers as my car is subjected to sustained boost, not just occasional blasts.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:53 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI Wolfhedge,,Tim did a great job on your car,,it is a great package for K24s .
But you are running E85 when you are comparing it to the other turbos on pump gas..Fair is Fair..
There are K24/18s on pump gas that are were you are now,,is that a fair comparision since they both are K24 housings?
I can not wait to see tims next upgrade on your package..
Enjoy..

Old 10-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI Wolfhedge,,Tim did a great job on your car,,it is a great package for K24s .
But you are running E85 when you are comparing it to the other turbos on pump gas..Fair is Fair..
There are K24/18s on pump gas that are were you are now,,is that a fair comparision since they both are K24 housings?
I can not wait to see tims next upgrade on your package..
Enjoy..
Thanks, didnt mean to derail, I was just stating facts and have written my times for every mod in various threads about the K24s and suggesting Eurodyne and Tim as a tuning solution. I do know of one 650-700 whp car Tim made for a track guy here in NY and I think he tuned it with Eurodyne. He could answer that when he returns from TX

TRACKHEAVYTT is after a trackable package, hence quick spooling, so pwderhound would be best to talk to on that front.

K16/16s or low boost alpha 28s may be a solution.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I like the discussion, i was perfectly happy with my k24's, had one not broken we would not be having this discussion. A few more HP from them would not have been unwelcome. On track i drive above 4500 rpm and even with k24 that takes some modulation. Lag is not an issue in that rpm range. But if i can get more power under the curve i would gladly take it. Im not inclined to do anything outside of k24s again without at least some graphs to look at with the package on there.

For now Sambo has been awesome in helping me try to figure something out. So we will try some things and ill report back.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Lots of great info and advice hear. We will get you sorted Heavy. I have several options and will stand behind you till we get what you are looking for.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
K16 billets with Intercoolers , exhaust , injectors, and our tune on pump 93 octane will yield about 540 rwhp. Lots of skewed dyno numbers out there. Be careful. The hotside on a k16 is so small that it doesn't matter what you put in the cold side as your still limited to the small hotside.
On race gas with higher boost and more timing you cans make upper 500s Max. But that's race gas 100 plus octane at 1.4 bar.
Just FUI , our client owns the k16 billet 60 to 130 mph world record of 5.86 sec. And that was done on the set up i described above. Fresh plugs and coils are needed. That record number was done at 570 whp but we got the car set up fixed all the issues and the tune was on the money. Ironically , the car had pump timing numbers and it still ran that number.
The trick is to get your car up to par first by fixing the many leaks it usually has then do the upgrade. Detail work is the key vs slapping on some turbos u get from xxx co and tune from yyy co. Not had to all come together and at end datalog and fine tune. That's how you get a car to run well.
Good luck.
Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-30-2014, 03:35 PM
markski - could he do alpha 28s on low boost and hit 550 whp and hold it

Old 10-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wolfhedge
Sure. Not a problem.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:02 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Nice info for next year with 550 id be happy lol

Old 10-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by wolfhedge

That thought has crossed my mind for sure. If what we try first doesn't work, I'm opening up all options again.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by TrackHeavyTT
That thought has crossed my mind for sure. If what we try first doesn't work, I'm opening up all options again.
But a28s are 3x The Cost of a k16 Billet upgrade.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K16g Dyno Graphs