996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ever feel like a kid a couple days before Christmas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:13 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Ever feel like a kid a couple days before Christmas?

So, I finally found 'the one' and she is waiting on her PPI now which is scheduled for Thursday. Unfortunately, I am getting moved out to Phoenix for my job so I cant personally take her off the lot. Im going to have her shipped from the dealer out to AZ so that she will be there when I arrive.

I seriously feel like a kid again waiting to unwrap my present.

2001 996TT
Black on Black
Stock with 30k miles

Old 04-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yes and I also know the feeling of several big things happening at once. Awesome congrats and good luck!

Old 04-21-2015, 02:27 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Thank you! Was going to wait till I got out there but I have seen a couple of these that I had my eye on go very quickly in the past month so I just jumped on it since I will have to get it shipped anyway.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Congrats! Blk on blk here to..great combo

Old 04-21-2015, 03:30 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats man!! Good choice! My next present will be driving mine after 5 months!!!

Old 04-22-2015, 06:10 AM
Thanks all! Just antsy right now as its going to be two weeks before I get to see her in person. She has a date with a clay bar and a lot of personal attention when I do.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:45 AM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
Welcome! Now prepare to melt!

Old 04-22-2015, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by REDLINER911
Welcome! Now prepare to melt!
I spent six years of my childhood in GA, I know the feeling already. At least I dont have to deal with the humidity.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:28 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
grats, and good luck with un-wrapping -- I feel the same when I jump into new car. like i wanna live forever and never die---life's too short. enjoy it

Old 04-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Welp, the PPI was done today. The tech said that the car was in great shape body wise and well taken care of.

One issue though. They noted that there was an abnormal sound coming from the front differential. Enough so that they think it should be thought of as something that will need a repair though they couldnt say much without digging into it which would involve shop charges. I sent the PPI to the dealer who had the car and he swears that there were no sounds coming from the front when he drove the car around a bit before the winter and is picking it up to look at it himself.

I think he is being truthful but just doesnt want to concede that there is an issue with the car without experiencing it himself. He will call me back tomorrow when he has had a chance to look at it with his tech.

Right now, I feel that if he says that he hears it too and will get it inspected/fixed that I will go through with the deal but, if he still says there is nothing, I will walk away. He said he will happily refund my deposit since there was something noted on the PPI.

Overall, even if I dont take this particular car, Im happy with all parties involved and I was given a fair shake by them.

If I dont take it, I will make the PPI and VIN available to all that are interested. Donations are welcome if you are truly interested in the car lol.

Cheers
Mav

Old 04-23-2015, 03:16 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by su_maverick
So, I finally found 'the one' and she is waiting on her PPI now which is scheduled for Thursday. Unfortunately, I am getting moved out to Phoenix for my job so I cant personally take her off the lot. Im going to have her shipped from the dealer out to AZ so that she will be there when I arrive.

I seriously feel like a kid again waiting to unwrap my present.

2001 996TT
Black on Black
Stock with 30k miles
My missus knows I am a child

Old 04-23-2015, 03:17 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Maverick - front diffs are cheap

Old 04-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by wolfhedge
Maverick - front diffs are cheap
I have found that 'cheap' is a subjective term on here

How much are we talking?

Ideally, I dont want to have to buy a car I have to fix but Im not stranger to a wrench either.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by su_maverick
Welp, the PPI was done today....
Right now, I feel that if he says that he hears it too and will get it inspected/fixed that I will go through with the deal but, if he still says there is nothing, I will walk away. He said he will happily refund my deposit since there was something noted on the PPI.
I walked from the first PPI I did back in Oct...I consider it $350 well spent.

It was a 29K mile grey on grey '02 996TT that had a coolant leak. Neither the consignment shop nor the owner wanted to fix it (needed an engine drop to sort out) so I passed. A few months later I ended up with a car that had more miles (43K), but was definitely better loved and had a good PPI--the owner actually spent $1500 to change a few seals and CV boots. Plus it had a black interior, which I really wanted vs. grey.

There's nothing wrong with walking away when the PPI shows issues that you are not interested in dealing with. The diff. issue isn't your problem, it's theirs, and they have to address it one way or the other.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Road King
I walked from the first PPI I did back in Oct...I consider it $350 well spent.

It was a 29K mile grey on grey '02 996TT that had a coolant leak. Neither the consignment shop nor the owner wanted to fix it (needed an engine drop to sort out) so I passed. A few months later I ended up with a car that had more miles (43K), but was definitely better loved and had a good PPI--the owner actually spent $1500 to change a few seals and CV boots. Plus it had a black interior, which I really wanted vs. grey.

There's nothing wrong with walking away when the PPI shows issues that you are not interested in dealing with. The diff. issue isn't your problem, it's theirs, and they have to address it one way or the other.
Thank you for the advice. Sometimes you just need to hear someone else say it to feel at ease. While this would have been my first choice, I had a close second which is actually in AZ (saving me shipping) that I think Im going to jump on and just get a PPI for that one as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever feel like a kid a couple days before Christmas?