996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Options on replacing wood trim w/my color combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:07 AM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Options on replacing wood trim w/my color combo

I have an orient red metallic with savannah interior and the lovely wood trim I would like to do this on a budget first off and secondly really not sure what would go well in place of the wood. With the color combo I really don't think carbon would look much better and I am not a big fan of it anyway. Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1917.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	420858  

Last edited by steve.rinaldi; 05-25-2015 at 09:08 AM. Reason: adding a picture
Old 05-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
If wood is out and carbon is out, I think the next logical choice would be the same colour as the exterior of the car. It would allow for contrast in the interior but would be consistent with the car's total colour scheme.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:15 AM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Again I just don't think carbon would look right on this color combo. And I thought about the exterior color but never seen my color combo with it. Would I just have my pieces painted?

Old 05-25-2015, 09:20 AM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Yeah, you could just get the pieces painted. One thing you could possibly do is find a replacement piece from ebay or a parted out 996 and have that painted. Then test fit it on the car to see if you like it or not. Would probably cost you 20-30 bucks for the piece but that way, if you dont like it, you didnt mess up any of your originals.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
Again I just don't think carbon would look right on this color combo. And I thought about the exterior color but never seen my color combo with it. Would I just have my pieces painted?

Painted in either black or silver or both to add some contrast would be the best look IMHO. I would also pull some of the other parts to balance the whole look out.

Here is one in mainly black.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1156689134.jpg

Mix of both
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...le-80117_3.jpg

Last edited by Engine Guy; 05-25-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:39 AM
The one in mainly black is much more than what mine would be. So replacing the wood with black on mine seems odd as well. I like the combo if I could figure out what contrast would be best. Was hoping to see some other interiors that might help me. I'm a visual guy!

Old 05-25-2015, 09:40 AM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
I also think orient red interior accents would look great (compared to wood). You'd have to figure out paint, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I agree with you that carbon bits wouldn't look right with the beige.

There are several decent P-car salvage shops on eBay that you can source from. For example, my car was born without a center console below the dash, so no storage tray or cd holder, and I was able to find a matching console on eBay with real leather side panels for about $50.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:43 AM
I've been lurking on Ebay for replacement parts in the savannah but can never seem to find them. I have found some black but again not sure just black will be a huge improvement over the wood either. And again I have a hard time "picturing" the end result.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 AM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Have you thought about a two-tone style? Maybe find a darker beige to offset it. That way you can do it in a more standard color and not have to pay the extra for Porsche paint. Eventually down the road Im going to try to do that with a darker grey for my interior to give it a little more depth. Was never a huge fan of the decision to make the 996 interior monochromatic.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by su_maverick
Have you thought about a two-tone style? Maybe find a darker beige to offset it. That way you can do it in a more standard color and not have to pay the extra for Porsche paint. Eventually down the road Im going to try to do that with a darker grey for my interior to give it a little more depth. Was never a huge fan of the decision to make the 996 interior monochromatic.
I agree, but I'm terrible at picturing. I need some serious help.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Not sure I understand the situation. If that is the interior of your car I think it looks very nice. Unless the trim is failing I'd leave it like it is.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:25 AM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
I also think it looks nice and over exterior color matching looks like boy racer.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:00 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
black leather with beige stitching

Old 05-25-2015, 01:22 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
I think the wood trim looks great with the tan, but how about just black...

Old 05-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Macster
Not sure I understand the situation. If that is the interior of your car I think it looks very nice. Unless the trim is failing I'd leave it like it is.

To me it just doesn't seem to fit the 996 interior. I think it looks acceptable but I am not a wood fan and also think it makes it look dated. And as far as color matching-thats why I always need pics since I cannot picture what it would look like. I know back in the day looking to buy a 300ZX twin turbo the kid had paint matched interior and I refused to buy it because of it. Looked horrible and cheap to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Options on replacing wood trim w/my color combo