996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CAE shifter in a street car....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 09:45 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
CAE shifter in a street car....

looks like fun Discuss

Old 07-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
I only street drive my car and have a CAE shifter. Best thing since sliced bread.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:08 AM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
I also have the CAE Ultra Shifter Street Version and drive it mostly on the Streets. I love it and and will never Change it back again

Old 07-05-2015, 09:31 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
i was reading that it is notchy and hard to find 6th gear. I think it was on 6speed where someone said to be careful from 5th to 6th as it may go into 4th.

Im sure the instal is pretty straight forward, But how about adjusting it? Is it hard to get it right?

Old 07-05-2015, 09:31 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
What is this CAE shifter you speak of?

Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
What is this CAE shifter you speak of?
http://www.shop.cae-racing.de

Old 07-05-2015, 05:30 PM
racer959 will become famous soon enoughracer959 will become famous soon enough
Does it still have the same shift pattern?

Old 07-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Yes same H-pattern. Aside from having very short throws the lever is heightened to be next to near level to the steering wheel. I think the most notable feature is the self centering spring that seems to pull you into the gear. This is what i am understanding,

i think i want one :-)

Old 07-05-2015, 08:49 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely love mine!!!!

I have a spare set of cables if you pull the trigger. Ended up ordering 2 sets as I needed to install quickly.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by LQQK
Absolutely love mine!!!!

I have a spare set of cables if you pull the trigger. Ended up ordering 2 sets as I needed to install quickly.
How was it to adjust it to get it aligned and shifting properly?

Old 07-05-2015, 09:41 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
It's very easy to adjust - and then tweak to get exactly right.

You can adjust the throw, as well as left to right. Then you adjust the center spring. I have mine so it's lightly loaded in 3rd/4th which makes 5th and 6th easier. But it's totally up to you.

Finally, there is grub screws that are adjusted to set the limits. Means you can bang the shift pretty hard without hurting the gear box.

The only thing I found was that he shifter was slightly closer than the steering wheel - which made me feel a little cramped. I fixed that by putting 2 washers under the rear of the shifter to tilt it fwd. now it's perfect.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:09 PM
That was my only fear of the instal is adjusting it. I'd hate to experiment and grind some gears. Any pics of the instal, or how you adjusted it?

Old 07-05-2015, 11:51 PM
BlueDream996 is just really niceBlueDream996 is just really niceBlueDream996 is just really niceBlueDream996 is just really nice
Few of the modded Porsche vehicles in the So-Cal / LA car scene have these shifters installed. Looks totally bad ***. I'm looking forward to trying it out sometime soon.

Don't know if I would put it in my current Porsche because I'm trying to keep an "OEM" look, but if I had another modded Pcar - this would be on my list

Old 07-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Here is my modded center console with the shifter

Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2015, 11:23 AM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
Sexy with the Red!!

Here is mine with titanium Color and a smaller Cutout of the Centre console,
right now I'm preparing a Carbon fibre Frame to get it looking perfect for me

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2094.JPG
Views:	5303
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	423427  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CAE shifter in a street car....