996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics after 2yrs of ownership (not-so-stock anymore)...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Pics after 2yrs of ownership (not-so-stock anymore)...

Hi guys,

I bought this car a little over 2 years ago completely stock. Needless to say, it isn't anymore. Figured I would share some photos of what I have done and also want to thank this community for ideas, support, and advice!

My advice to others looking to start, or continue the endless modding journey, is this... "do it right the first time, don't try to save money by buying the cheaper part or cut corners, it won't work well on a Porsche... and the brand deserves the best, so give it the best."

Name:  IMG_1658.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  201.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1659.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  208.4 KB
Name:  IMG_1656.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  206.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0312.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  67.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0143.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  45.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0118.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  73.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0168.png
Views: 200
Size:  710.4 KB
Name:  eb74a151-b9fa-4dc1-abf3-7356e1eca52e.png
Views: 114
Size:  914.6 KB
Name:  IMG_2564.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  84.4 KB
Name:  IMG_2573.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  115.2 KB
Name:  IMG_2572.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  88.1 KB
Name:  IMG_2574.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  148.4 KB
Name:  IMG_2567.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  149.9 KB

Last edited by Steve B.; 07-14-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Here are some of the major mods on my car:

GT2 nose w/ 997 LEDs
Bilstein PSS10, dog bones, steer kit, etc
Speedtech 2.5" X-pipe
Softronic Tune
Strosek wing and intake splitters
B&M SSK
AP intake
19" HRE 542R (rebuilt and custom PC'd centers) Toyo T1R
LED tails
Tint (windshield too!)
Custom flat bottom steering wheel DCTM (work of art)
Many alcantara interior parts

That's the big stuff, plenty more little touches to make it perfect!

Old 07-14-2015, 08:32 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Very Nice!

I love the Alcantara accents inside...where did you have those done? I was thinking of doing some carbon fiber accents down the road but since I'm doing an alcantara steering wheel maybe something like what you did would be even bettter.

Also, where did you get the "turbo" that you have in the dash?

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2015, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by gophaster
Very Nice!

I love the Alcantara accents inside...where did you have those done? I was thinking of doing some carbon fiber accents down the road but since I'm doing an alcantara steering wheel maybe something like what you did would be even bettter.

Also, where did you get the "turbo" that you have in the dash?

Thanks!
All alcantara done by DCTMS... contact Ivan.

As for the turbo script, I think it was an eBay decal. I have since removed it... looked cheap.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! Do the stock exhaust tips change the sound at all on the Speedtech X-pipe? They don't recommend using them. I like the way the stock tips integrate with bumper cutouts perfectly though.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Those HRE's do set the car off, check out our precision titanium hardware to compliment them!

http://www.tikore.com/porsche/

Old 07-14-2015, 08:40 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Thanks!...I imagine you removed the parts and sent them off to him? What was the turn around time like? The little "turbo" decal looks good in the pics.

Thanks again, car looks very sharp.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by vogz
Looks great! Do the stock exhaust tips change the sound at all on the Speedtech X-pipe? They don't recommend using them. I like the way the stock tips integrate with bumper cutouts perfectly though.
I couldn't tell you, I only wanted stock tips from the beginning, so I have never tried Speedtech's tips. John says that his tips project the sound better and the stock tips sort of creates a "megaphone" type of sound. All I can say is my 2.5 X-pipe sounds absolutely amazing with stock tips. Hope this helps.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:59 AM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Nice work. Car looks great!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by gophaster
Thanks!...I imagine you removed the parts and sent them off to him? What was the turn around time like? The little "turbo" decal looks good in the pics.

Thanks again, car looks very sharp.
The steering wheel will be shipped to you and then you just send the core back, as Ivan has those in stock. As for the other parts, I just bought them cheap on eBay (mostly from salvage cars), collected all the parts I wanted finished over some time, then shipped them all to Ivan to be covered. So no down-time here.

...and thank you for the compliment my friend!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:49 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I couldn't tell you, I only wanted stock tips from the beginning, so I have never tried Speedtech's tips. John says that his tips project the sound better and the stock tips sort of creates a "megaphone" type of sound. All I can say is my 2.5 X-pipe sounds absolutely amazing with stock tips. Hope this helps.
Ok cool. I'm probably doing a Speedtech soon, just need to decide which one. Why did you go with 2.5 vs the 3.0 x-pipe?

Old 07-14-2015, 10:33 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks GREAT!! And I'm Lovin those alcantara accents in the interior!!! I gotta copy that!

I'm trying to figure out a way to make the stock tips work with my 3" race-pipes and still be 3" all the way out. I also like the way the stock tips fit the bumper.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by vogz
Ok cool. I'm probably doing a Speedtech soon, just need to decide which one. Why did you go with 2.5 vs the 3.0 x-pipe?
At first, I ordered the 2.5" X-cellerator. Tried it and after 10 min of driving decided it wasn't aggressive enough for me. John @ Speedtech exchanged it for a 2.5" X-pipe without issue. Great customer service!

I love everything about the 2.5 X-pipe. No drone at all, ferocious at WOT. I think if I could do it all over again I would go Speedtech 3.0 X-pipe, but I am very happy with the one I have.

Don't even think about it anymore, this exhaust changes the car completely for the better. My only regret is not buying it sooner (took a year for me to make up my mind on brand).

Old 07-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Steve B.
At first, I ordered the 2.5" X-cellerator. Tried it and after 10 min of driving decided it wasn't aggressive enough for me. John @ Speedtech exchanged it for a 2.5" X-pipe without issue. Great customer service!

I love everything about the 2.5 X-pipe. No drone at all, ferocious at WOT. I think if I could do it all over again I would go Speedtech 3.0 X-pipe, but I am very happy with the one I have.

Don't even think about it anymore, this exhaust changes the car completely for the better. My only regret is not buying it sooner (took a year for me to make up my mind on brand).
Looks like I'll be ordering up a 3.0 X-pipe very soon. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2015, 01:02 PM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Looks awesome! Any chance we can get a straight shot from the rear?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics after 2yrs of ownership (not-so-stock anymore)...