996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf RTurbo Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:06 PM
spmorgan is a jewel in the roughspmorgan is a jewel in the roughspmorgan is a jewel in the rough
Ruf RTurbo Front Bumper

Does anyone know if this is still available to be purchased anywhere? Unfortunately, my Precision Porsche fiberglass GT2 front cracked after an extremely low speed touch of some trucks big tire which was sticking out where I couldn't see it...so I guess I need a new one.

Shawn

Old 10-23-2015, 02:33 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
I contacted RUF in Germany a few months ago about it and it is available for purchase directly from them.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:36 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Irish100P was the most recent purchaser I know of, piece is perfect fit!

Old 10-23-2015, 07:02 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
The RUF front bumper made out the same PU as the OEM TT/GT2 bumpers. It is OEM quality and far far superior to any of the fragile fiberglass copies on the market. Mine has been on my car for almost 10 years with years of track work. I would also say that the aerodynamics / downforce is superior to the even the GT2 bumper due to the pronounced built in splitter built into the RUF bumper. The only negative is the fact that the built in splitter makes the bumper nose section longer and thus easier to scrape on inclines. One needs to be cautious as there is no "replacement" lower piece as on the factory bumpers.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:34 AM
irish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to all
I have the RUF and I love it. I got a lot of help from pwdrhound before, during, and after installation of my bumper. He is a wealth of knowledge and has helped me a lot. I have the contact info for the guy I spoke to at RUF when purchasing my bumper if you'd like it. In full disclosure the only thing about the RUF bumper that is ****ty, well it's the damn instructions. They're not super great and don't offer much, but its not impossible to do the install and nothing beats the fitment or durability.

James

Old 10-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Because_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud of
I had put in a request about two years ago with Ruf and they were out of stock. Last fall I had hit them up again and they did another run so I was able to get it. Best bang for your buck bumper there is imho

Old 11-27-2015, 08:55 AM
Samajam will become famous soon enough
Irish & Because, please pm me the contact info for the Ruf bumper supplier. Thanks, Earl

Old 11-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Old 11-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Samajam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
Thanks, I had that as well but thought it was their corporate site. Will try reaching out.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:50 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Contact Stefan directly at stefan.gebauer@ruf-automobile.de
He is their parts guy and can get you whatever you need. Normally gets back to you within 24 hours. Or call them directly in Phaffenhausen.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 11-27-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:13 PM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Holy crap. I just checked prices there. Is the bumper at least plug and play?

Old 11-27-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
depending on the value of the euro the last time i checked ti was approx 3300$ shipped to the usa. and comes with all the needed ductwork to make it functional. has it gone up significantly?

Old 11-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
It includes the proper ducting. When RUF installed it on my car they changed all the coolant hoses to the GT2 versions and flipped/canted the center radiator.

2150 Euro plus shipping to US. Probably $600.

http://ruf-automobile.de/en/shop/tur...ler-kit-turbo/

Last edited by pwdrhound; 11-27-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:02 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Yeah, this isn't just a bumper skin! Be advised, instructions leave a bit to be desired...

Old 11-28-2015, 01:06 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
So actually you can buy a gt2 bumper instead and modify everything. The costs will be probably the same i guess probably cheaper.
Too expensive for my taste. I will just put the aero lip to my turbo pumper when i track the car. For my amateur driving skills thats enough.
But i got to say that the ruf bumper and gt2 bumper look great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf RTurbo Front Bumper