996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anybody have high flow air inlet piping they could borrow me? $$$$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 06:41 PM
nitrorocket is on a distinguished road
Anybody have high flow air inlet piping they could borrow me? $$$$

I'm looking for somebody that can borrow me there high flow air inlet piping for a mock up a project I have going. Obviously I will pay shipping both ways and and can throw you some money for your time to ship it also.

I will only need them for a couple weeks.

I can also throw down a deposit if you want too.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:19 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Fender intakes?

Old 11-27-2015, 07:30 PM
The piping that goes from the air filter to the back of the turbos.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:33 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Oh you mean from the MAF to the turbo inlet. Cool, maybe someone has their car down for the winter who can help. I just have fender intakes. good luck man!

Old 11-27-2015, 08:13 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nitrorocket
The piping that goes from the air filter to the back of the turbos.

thats not the stock piping. thats the evoms hard plastic piping and the fitment sucks . i had to cut mine into more pieces than it originally came so it would fit

Old 11-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Wow 32 you know your pipes, these are from my GT 700 kit.

I still i'm hoping somebody would be willing to ship me there piping temporarily. This piping is really crappy...

Old 11-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nitrorocket
Wow 32 you know your pipes, these are from my GT 700 kit.

I still i'm hoping somebody would be willing to ship me there piping temporarily. This piping is really crappy...
sadly the 996 turbo piping is rarely removed intact unless the motor is out. you have to cut it up into pieces to remove if the motor is in.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:32 PM
itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !
Dont bother trying to make stock location inlet piping. Work on a fender intake or just run filters on turbos. To fit piping in stock location will just result in a highly restrictive intake tract with a lot of pressure drop.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:43 PM
You're probably right, I couldn't believe how restrictive the evoms stuff is.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:00 PM
itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !
Nothing wrong with the evoms approach, they designed this piece when people were still using stock DME with maf. Since speed density patches and standalone solutions are available, I dont think they install this anymore.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:19 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Their setup is better than stock for sure but you still have a mile of tubing and without being huge the loss is going to be pretty bad. The trouble with fender inlets is no one seems to offer something and you end up having to do one off fabricating. Bigger tires will cramp it pretty badly too

Old 11-29-2015, 01:18 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
The EVOMS pipe actually works quite well. I have used both the fenderwell intake system, as well as the EVOMS pipe with our custom plenum as pictured below. We actually dynoed slightly higher with the SpeedTech plenum and EVOM pipes in back to back dynos on my car. My car ran identical 1/4 mile times with each style system. The bottom line was that there was basically no power difference with K24/18G turbos and full supporting mods between the two intakes designs. If you look closely at the picture, you will see that the EVOMS pipe is much larger than the turbo inlet and requires a reducer to fit up to it. It is also very smooth with no neck downs like the OEM piping (huge difference). The intakes that use a modified OEM plenum can be restrictive at the rear of the plenum, but with a custom plenum like the one we offer, this bottleneck is eliminated and that is what we dynoed with to compare the two designs. There was however, improved driving manners with the OEM Bosch MAF, which is why I went back to the OEM style intake. Perfect OEM manners and just as much power as the fenderwells. Fenderwell intake installation also hacks the car, puts the intake pipe dangerously close to the rear tires and makes the air filters impossible to visually monitor, which would be a huge problem should one ever work its way loose and fall off...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 11-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
That black piping is not bad- its open ... the bad thing about it is installing it... most do not fit properly as one client called evoms and they told him he needs to cut to fit.. Honestly, the issue is that with the hard piping in place with motor out, you do not know where to exactly place everything because the sub frame mount is not in place... then when you take the motor up , try to fit the sub fram mount, it does not clear and then you have issues since adjustments are in back on top... cant get to it since the motor is up.. I make my own hard piping version but I seldomly sell due to the difficulty of getting it fitted... not to mention, the soft piping doesn't require engine drop...
just passing on what I know...
here are the issues... the bracket is in the way, engine hook, and the piping is hard to fit.. when motor is out its easy... but try it with the motor in...
in the end, when done right its actually a great upgrade... just need a good installer that will not not complain and charge you for 2 engine drops...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Mark is right, you have to remove the transmission hook he points to and then it goes well. We have had customers install these in a garage with no lift, so it can be done, but I would not suggest or recommend it.

Ideally, this upgrade should be done in conjunction with a clutch upgrade where the transmission is already coming out. That's the best time to do it, as the majority of the labor is already a given. Here is a picture of my motor with the hook removed and the piping in place (the hook mounts with the two bolt holes in the red circle). You can see how the pipe fits pretty well with the hook removed. This is what should be done. Additionally, one more cut and one more silicon coupler is often required on the passenger side to fine tune the fit to the turbo. The additional cut allows for expanded movement in all directions and subsequently, precise alignment into the turbo. We supply the additional silicon hose piece and two hose clamps clamps with our kits. Installation of this kit is best for an automotive tech or a DIY with confidence and good sense to make small adjustments on the fly. It's pretty easy with the right skill set.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 11-30-2015, 01:10 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
As John and Mark has said above, this is not a straight forward mod and requires a better part of the day of careful measuring and cutting to make it all fit properly. In the end its worth it as the piping is very large with little restriction. For maximum gains it helps to ditch the restrictive OEM cast manifold. I use this piping with the large volume RUF intake manifold. The pipes are 2.75" which is the same as the compressor intakes on my turbos thus doing away with the need for a reducer. The huge plus of this piping is the thick plastic which offers very good insulation properties over aluminum piping. It's also infinitely more durable than the flexible intake pipes. I did not have to remove the bracket off the transmission to install these.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rym92Q]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rymakG]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qU7PqP]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rNC2cs]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qTVdwy]

Last edited by pwdrhound; 11-30-2015 at 01:13 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody have high flow air inlet piping they could borrow me? $$$$