996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Long time poster...finally an owner

Old 11-28-2015, 04:44 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TWINS
Congrats.

The pic of the kids reminded me of my two, when they were about the same age.

Smiles lasted about 10 -15 minutes then it turned into nap time in the back.
It's gonna be interesting to see which ones they pick to take out.

Also forgot car has eibach sways

Old 11-30-2015, 02:52 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
that's awesome! grats, looks like kids enjoy it too! lol , our 4 year old loves the p car as well.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:41 PM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
Congrats and welcome to the forum !

Old 12-28-2015, 11:58 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
So, good news, i've put about 2,200 miles on the car in less then 30 days.

Have had some issues, one of the wastegates seized up and wouldn't open. That explained my PSM/ABS light. When doing some logs for a tune, we noticed the injectors duty cycle was around 100%. Changed the fuel filter today, and that helped a little bit, but still not 100%. Have a new fuel pump and venturi tubes (figured i'd just do them while in there) on the way tomorrow and should get them in weds.

Overall car is a blast. I moved the eibach sway bars to their softest setting, want to learn the car a little better before stiffening it up. Have been runnign the PSS10's at 4 front 5 rear (but did take them down to 1-1 as I just did a 7 hour treck in it).

Cars an absolutely blast.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:50 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
So, good news, i've put about 2,200 miles on the car in less then 30 days.

Have had some issues, one of the wastegates seized up and wouldn't open. That explained my PSM/ABS light. When doing some logs for a tune, we noticed the injectors duty cycle was around 100%. Changed the fuel filter today, and that helped a little bit, but still not 100%. Have a new fuel pump and venturi tubes (figured i'd just do them while in there) on the way tomorrow and should get them in weds.

Overall car is a blast. I moved the eibach sway bars to their softest setting, want to learn the car a little better before stiffening it up. Have been runnign the PSS10's at 4 front 5 rear (but did take them down to 1-1 as I just did a 7 hour treck in it).

Cars an absolutely blast.
your car must be flashed if your at 100% duty cycle. or loosing a ton of fuel pressure/pump dieing.

what boost pressure are you running?

Old 12-29-2015, 06:31 AM
.7.....pretty sure the pumps dying

Old 12-30-2015, 04:21 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Congrats on the car! Love the pics of your kids in the back!

Once you get your waste gate issue resolved, I'd start with wheels. Its all a matter of what you like of course, but the stock wheels from back then were cast, heavy, and not-too-sexy. You save some serious unsprung weight and dramatically improve the look of the car with wheels alone. Personally, I run Fikses, but HRE's and several others are a can't miss, as I am sure you know from all of your previous 6speed activity.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:50 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
So, good news, i've put about 2,200 miles on the car in less then 30 days......
That'd take me about six months

Congrats, the car looks amazing. But you've been registered and posting for nearly 13 years, what else have you been driving??

Let's get some more pics.....of both cars, please

Old 01-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by ant_8u
That'd take me about six months

Congrats, the car looks amazing. But you've been registered and posting for nearly 13 years, what else have you been driving??

Let's get some more pics.....of both cars, please
Nothing flashy, old acura, GTO, 7 series.....popped out some kids....had to be practical

Will get some more pics up, the old '55 actually has new wheels coming this week (had ordered them a week before I bought the 996, otherwise I probably would have held off).

Old 01-06-2016, 01:41 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
'ol 55 is a great old tom waits song. mangled by the eagles lol

Old 01-12-2016, 08:34 AM
So, figured i'd give an update 2 months into ownershp. I've got about 2500 miles on the car so far and am in heaven. Have had a few maintenance things pop up, but nothing I didn't really expect considering the car had very low miles put on it the last few years (probably only 2 tanks of gas in the last 12 months).

While doing some logging to get a tune, noticed the Injector DC was high, so first did the fuel filter (easy enough), that helped a bit but still was having some high numbers and then did the fuel pump and venturi tubes (did the venturi's since I was in there and figured it'd give me piece of mind).

I've installed Kevin's ( UMW ) tune and can't say enough good things about it, the torque is unreal. The weather has been poor here lately (finally getting some rain, just wasn't expecting 2 weeks straight of it) so I haven't had a ton of spirit driving time behind the wheel.

With the new tune I started looking at service records, noticed the coils had never been replaced, nor had the o2 sensors.....so I figured.....why not order a new exhaust since I have to remove it to do these things So my kline 2.5" with 100 cel cats arrived yesterday. Along with all new coils and spark plugs, and new precat o2 sensors. This should all go on tomorrow.

Excited to see how it goes.

I think this will probably be it for a little while for me, going to try to put some more miles on the car. Kids keep fighting over which car we take, so they are having a lot of fun with it.

side note, put new wheels on the '55

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	subbonneviles.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	437182  
Old 01-12-2016, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I'm here if you need anything at all buddy. Can't wait till you drive the final product. You're going to be rewarded with a really smooth strong and awesome sounding car!

Old 01-12-2016, 12:06 PM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
HotRod I have never seen wheels of that type, not my style but like that you went with something different.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by rmc1148
HotRod I have never seen wheels of that type, not my style but like that you went with something different.
It's funny, about 10 years ago i started lookng at wheels, and chose these. Never bought them though. 6 months ago I went on the hunt again.....came to these....wife then reminded me they were the same ones I had picked out back in the day.

Not everyones style, but neither is the car

Old 01-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Highlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rmc1148
Not everyone's style, but personally, I think they look absolutely fantastic on your Chevy! Congrats!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Long time poster...finally an owner