996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Uprated IC Ducts fitted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 09:10 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Uprated IC Ducts fitted

Just got these in Carbon from Joe, only taped on at the moment to see if I want to leave carbon or paint, im going with the Carbon so far

Name:  FullSizeRender%201_zpsgsfobxli.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  92.6 KB
Name:  FullSizeRender_zpsfwvhbtxo.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  92.6 KB
Name:  IMG_3359_zpsxdkidxvs.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  114.4 KB
Name:  FullSizeRender%202_zpsizlnuo5w.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  FullSizeRender%203_zps4knhlxri.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  97.5 KB

Old 12-07-2015, 09:33 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Looks great. These are gonna pull in a ton of air!

Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Lets hope so, I have a fuel pump gone bad so new one here tomorrow and ill go se what AIT's are

Old 12-07-2015, 10:18 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Nice..subscribed to see your data

Old 12-07-2015, 12:47 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Did anyone ever post full shots of the car from further out?

Old 12-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by su_maverick
Did anyone ever post full shots of the car from further out?
That's what I'd like to see. The whole car from different angles. And some numbers.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:23 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
The fitment and fit/finish look very good. I'd also be in to see some full car shots from a few angles.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Car is in the shop at moment as a fuel pump went bad, Ill get some further away shots tomorrow if poss and maybe numbers this week as I have loads of datalogs from the syvecs and 3 months of mapping, fit is 100% spot on, I have used 3 tiny squares of 3m tape just to see what they look like and they fit 100% flush, even 3 tiny bits of tape and its stuck solid but as we are gearing the car for 230+ mph im going to use a sikaflex type adhesive and a couple of rivets even though Joe said if they came off at that speed with 3m tape he would replace them.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 PM
split71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
The fitment and fit/finish look very good. I'd also be in to see some full car shots from a few angles.
Seconded.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:45 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Unpainted for sure, they look great! Happy to hear you'll have good data, looking forward to it. What do you have for intercoolers and are they confirmed sealed to the top ducts?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:42 AM
Just got a mail back from the mapper with varioius numbers from the last logs we did, external temps are similar so hopefully we will get some meaningful data if the car works properly again. Temps on my Fearnsport uprated coolers fully ducted as stock were (Centigrade)

Cruise 32
1bar 1/2/3/4/ pull hi40/low50
1.3 bar pull a degree more
1.5 bar pull (car not right misfire) rising from 50-60

Interestingly my pals 1000hp 996 with 4.5 coolers not properly ducted is almost identical to mine with stock size

Another tuner car in the UK has worse IATs than mine but drops off 50 degrees with a meth kit !!!!

Also spoke to another tuner who said he had some identical scoops about 5 years ago and they worked real well but he could never locate another set, he said the tape you need to use is 3M but he buys it thru Porsche, the part number for the tape is 000 043 20 604, should be circa $20

Old 12-08-2015, 07:32 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Excited to see your comparison results...and yeah, Meth injection definitely works! Been using it for many years on other projects. I will most likely end up with a setup on this car also.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:30 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Great Info! Definitely interested to see full comparisons.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:30 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
They look Brilliant cant wait to get home next week so I can fit mine.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:58 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
They look good! I am very curious on the numbers too.

I wouldn't use rivets, Johnny. As all things 996 tt go up in price, I've recently seen a set of OEM ducts advertised at €550. You'll be able to get any glue or double sided tape of with some work and all the ducts will need is paint. If you've drilled holes... I'd trust Joe.

Speaking of OEM ducts, pwdrhound do you know what is up with mine? Is Joe still using them for production or quality control? :-))
Not in a hurry, just want to make sure they don't go amiss.
Sorry for the OT, Johnny.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uprated IC Ducts fitted