996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

adding IDP Plenum (need help direction of check valves)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Pucky is on a distinguished road
adding IDP Plenum (need help direction of check valves)

Hey all,

So I've forgotten to take a picture of the check valve (A) in picture and I'm also reconnecting everything for B.

As I've posted before, I'm trying to get everything back to stock(ish) and one of the issues I have is regarding B.

owner before me had line 26 completely disconnected and all of B gone. In fact the deserter valves were removed and a BOV was added to a customer Y-pipe.

Anyway I've got all the tubes and change over valve and little porsche elbows (thank you Pelican parts) but I'm wondering if anyone can explain the direction of both check valves. Part 21 on the diagram and how does the change over valve work with this closed system.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Cheers,
Pucky

Old 05-01-2016, 04:09 PM
ah this helps.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ation-how.html

So now I'm left to find the plug for the Change over Valve. Where would the wires originate? I see the N75 has the same type of plug and it's coming from the right of the engine, but I don't see a plug for the change over.

Thanks,
Pucky

Old 05-02-2016, 10:59 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pucky
Hey all,

So I've forgotten to take a picture of the check valve (A) in picture and I'm also reconnecting everything for B.

As I've posted before, I'm trying to get everything back to stock(ish) and one of the issues I have is regarding B.

owner before me had line 26 completely disconnected and all of B gone. In fact the deserter valves were removed and a BOV was added to a customer Y-pipe.

Anyway I've got all the tubes and change over valve and little porsche elbows (thank you Pelican parts) but I'm wondering if anyone can explain the direction of both check valves. Part 21 on the diagram and how does the change over valve work with this closed system.

Cheers,
Pucky

B for boost delivery and A for vacuum delivery

Old 05-02-2016, 11:44 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Kind of OT

Did you do the install yourself, with engine in car ? How difficult was it getting the stock plenum out ? I assume you lowered the engine a bit and supported the engine with a jack ?

Any feedback is appreciated. Can PM if you prefer.

JB

Originally Posted by Pucky
Hey all,

Cheers,
Pucky

Old 05-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by JSBear
Did you do the install yourself, with engine in car ? How difficult was it getting the stock plenum out ? I assume you lowered the engine a bit and supported the engine with a jack ?

Any feedback is appreciated. Can PM if you prefer.

JB
Hey JB,

I jacked up each side until wheels were about an inch off the ground then I lowered the engine about 4" with motorcycle jack (blue one from Harbour freight). It wassnt to difficult to remove and add back in. That said I removed it one weekend and added it this PST weekend. Less stress that way.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by winnigt2
B for boost delivery and A for vacuum delivery
Any idea where I can find the power cable for B change over valve? Should it be near the front of the engine(Bumper side)?