996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sway Bars, What is the current go to brand and setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 12:29 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Sway Bars, What is the current go to brand and setup?

Looking to add a sway bar kit while the car is on the lift finishing up a motor drop for rails and injectors etc... I searched a bit but found many options, with no real answer which is the "best" I know this is very subjective as every car is different as are people's needs and wants in the way there car drives. I am using my car mostly for fun drives.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i have 3 way gmg bars on mine. they build world class race cars and a host of parts for the 996 turbo

Old 05-30-2016, 01:37 PM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Gmg or eibach. Make sure to get end links to or changing sways is basically pointless. Sway bars though are probabaly the best suspension mod you can do to most cars. You can get rid of all the unwanted understeer and really change how the car drives

Old 05-30-2016, 01:44 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by flewis763
Gmg or eibach. Make sure to get end links to or changing sways is basically pointless. Sway bars though are probabaly the best suspension mod you can do to most cars. You can get rid of all the unwanted understeer and really change how the car drives
How is the car coming? (both of you hehe)

Old 05-30-2016, 01:47 PM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
How is the car coming? (both of you hehe)
Slow because now I'm never home and on the road. Weekend of the 11th I hope to have it far enough to have it idling and haul it to my local tuner snd pay him to finish the rest.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
almost ready to start and found a leaking fuel tank. waiting on replacement tank for now

Old 05-30-2016, 06:08 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Nothing like being aaaaalmost done and having a rail leak or a belt thrown at 5k! The wait is killer

Old 05-30-2016, 08:22 PM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
Porsche OEM GT3 or Tarret GT3 replica's.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

I have Eibach front and rear huge improvement over stock 3 position adjustable and fantastic price under $300 US if you look hard enough online.

I guarantee you wont regret the Eibachs just make sure you get the 3 position adjustable ones and a set of tarret drop links as the OEM bendy ones are rubbish

Cheers
Tim

Last edited by timccloud; 05-30-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:26 AM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by timccloud
I have Eibach front and rear huge improvement over stock 3 position adjustable and fantastic price under $300 US if you look hard enough online.

I guarantee you wont regret the Eibachs just make sure you get the 3 position adjustable ones and a set of tarret drop links as the OEM bendy ones are rubbish

Cheers
Tim
Yeah nothing worse than the bendy ones Tim. I love my Eibachs, they're excellent quality.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:38 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Eibachs 3 way adjustable. Can't really go wrong. Put them on the middle settings both front and rear this results in an OEM feel with reduced sway and slightly sharper steering. Understeer remains. I went onto hole 3 on the rear 4 a track event and quickly returned back to the middle for the road. The steering sharpens up like crazy and becomes ultra quick. Oversteer becomes the name of the game. I use it 4 track setting only!

Old 05-31-2016, 05:50 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Factory GT3 bars are great but $$$. Lots of adjustability, 5 way front, 4 way rear, very light. Porsche got these right..

Old 06-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
based on recommendations both here and on Rennlist, I went with the GMG adjustables for my stock suspension car. I set them up full soft front, full hard rear to dial out some of the understeer. It's not all gone, but it's significantly improved with no noticeable increase in NVH.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Road King
based on recommendations both here and on Rennlist, I went with the GMG adjustables for my stock suspension car. I set them up full soft front, full hard rear to dial out some of the understeer. It's not all gone, but it's significantly improved with no noticeable increase in NVH.
You probabaly need more front tire to get rid of the rest. That or stickier ones.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flewis763
You probably need more front tire to get rid of the rest. That or stickier ones.
Good call. I am planning on 245/40 & 315/30 once my current stock sized tires are worn out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sway Bars, What is the current go to brand and setup?