996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How do you clear tiptronic codes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:23 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
How do you clear tiptronic codes.

How do you clear tiptronic fault codes. I have a 2001 tt with tip. I have a dramatic. It won't let me see the codes . If I say it is a 2002 I can see them but can't clear them. Maby I just need to download the latest version. I just changed the conductor plate and plug with no difference And tested all the on and off soli nods with 12 volts. I am reasonably sure the the codes need to be cleared. Symptoms are no forward or backwards movement no matter what position the shift lever is in.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:34 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Just found this today that I had not seen before. g 40 tiptronic troubleshooting.

Attached Files
Old 07-23-2016, 10:30 PM
pat
Updated the dermetric software and that allowed the error codes to be cleared as long as I cecked the box for 2002 instead of 2001. Clearing the codes didn't make any difference. No mater what gear it is put in there is no output .

Old 07-23-2016, 10:48 PM
pat

Plug going to the Tiptronic. It was dripping with transmission fluid. I cleaned it out with contact cleaner. No change .

Old 07-24-2016, 08:48 AM
pat

New conductor plate on

Very clean. Only a tiny bit of dust on the magnets.

The solenoids had the right ohms and clicked when tested with 12 v dc. I did not check the pressure regulating units.

New conductor plate and plug. The filter and gasket were for a different model.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:51 AM
pat
Seeing how there was no difference after I cleared the codes last night I will take the valve body off again tonight and swap out the pressure modulators. I have 2 blue tops in stock. All else seemed to check out.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:02 AM
pat

Adding this picture on this thread. With this tool it makes the removal of the valve body not a big deal.

Tool out of connector.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:44 PM
pat

All switched to different solanoids. Let's see it that makes a difference.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:35 PM
pat

Checked for contanuity. All good.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:35 PM
pat
No change after replacing all the solenoids.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Ringlord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really nice
Originally Posted by pat
No change after replacing all the solenoids.
Does the gear position indicator in the cluster correspond to the lever's position?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:26 PM
pat
Yes the gear position indicator shows the correct positions corresponding to were the shift lever is.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Ringlord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really niceRinglord is just really nice
Originally Posted by pat
Yes the gear position indicator shows the correct positions corresponding to were the shift lever is.
Are you sure the shift selector shaft is lining up with the corresponding part on the valve body when you installed it?

Old 07-28-2016, 09:39 AM
pat
Are you sure the shift selector shaft is lining up with the corresponding part on the valve body when you installed it?
Yes I double checked that. Good call though you must have been in there before.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:26 PM
pat
The back story on this one is there was a slight clunk when I down shifted in to first when I was coming to a light. Then it kind of went forward then I pulled off on a side road then in about 100 feet I coasted to a stop. At that point it would not move forward or backwards no matter what position the shift lever was in.