996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Yet another clutch thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Highlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond repute
Yet another clutch thread

40k miles seems to be the common clutch life. My '02 TT with FVD tune just turned the magical 40k miles and the clutch has started to slip under boost.

I use the car for commuting and the odd canyon carving run. No drag strip or track (yet...).

In an earlier thread, Pwdrhound suggested the OEM 964RS LWFW combined with the OEM 4.0 GT3RS sprung clutch disc as a nice upgrade from stock with little adverse clutch chatter.

I plan to keep the car for a long, long time and like the LWFW idea. Is this a significant improvement over stock?

Is this a plug and play upgrade from stock. The shop I typically use are great at maintenance and repairs, but I don't get a warm fuzzy from them when I start talking about upgrades.

Last edited by Highlander; 10-21-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:26 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Feel free to call me if I can help you out. I also have a few shops that have had great success with up north. It's a really great upgrade but not for everyone in my opinion. The good consultation will help you decide the right move. It's a great clutch with a few different ways you can set it up to meet your needs.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:54 PM
911mhawk is on a distinguished road
As a commuter you may not like the LWFW chatter at idle with the clutch out and under light load/low rpm. If you're fine with a little extra noise and planning other mods, it is worthwhile.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.