996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wagner 5.7" intercoolers from ByDesign

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 08:01 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
amazing results Sambo cant go wrong with these massive 5.7" Wagner Coolers.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:43 AM
krikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud of
Do you have your air filters behind the IC ducts?
I have my filters there and with my current GT2RS intercoolers there is only just room enough for filters.. Wondering how much more space these huge IC's take up?
Looks like it is mainly in the downwards direction that these take up more space..

Old 12-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tradin1
as for the motor I have arrow rods, ARP head studs and the big europipe loud exh in an otherwise stock motor with an UMW stage 3 kit.
are you running 10mm or 12mm arp studs? the 10mm version are basically replacement oem studs

Old 12-02-2016, 09:44 AM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by krikra
Do you have your air filters behind the IC ducts?
I have my filters there and with my current GT2RS intercoolers there is only just room enough for filters.. Wondering how much more space these huge IC's take up?
Looks like it is mainly in the downwards direction that these take up more space..
I am just guessing because I didn't measure anything, but front to back in the car would be that same. They protrude out away from the car more, and obviously are twice as thick.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:46 AM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
are you running 10mm or 12mm arp studs? the 10mm version are basically replacement oem studs
I did my motor back almost 10 years ago. The studs are what ever ARP sold at the time. Probably the 10mm because I do not remember machining anything to get them to work.

I have 20k SPIRITED miles at 660awhp so I'll continue to cross my fingers.

Last edited by tradin1; 03-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:53 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
At 660whp you should be fine but push it too hard and they will yield as easily as the stock hardware.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:23 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Can you guys post up weights of the IC? Would be nice to have an accurate list of the weighs of the various offerings. This has been asked many times but none of the manufacturers are willing to publish the data. Sam, can you weigh and post those numbers next time you have your hands on any of the aftermarket offerings? Thx..

Old 12-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
That's a good idea John. I don't mind at all there's some stuff in stock that I can check. One thing I can do easily is way the entire package I'm a little hesitant to open them up but I might do that on a couple next week and get back. I can tell you that they are about the lightest I've felt as far as the packaging goes of anything over the factory 3.5. Fortunately and unfortunately I still wear every hat and touch every package before it leaves here LOL. The RS are obviously going to be the lightest because they're small and have very thin side plates and plastic tanks but that's also their downfall.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 PM
I wish I had thought to weigh them before I installed them. I can tell you when I moved the box with all the shrouds I thought it was empty when I picked it up. lol

Old 12-02-2016, 08:57 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Hound,

the Wagner coolers are 6kg's each.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:01 PM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
Got my hand on one of these kits approx three weeks ago on my EU travel!! This is an amazing kit and no need to cut or modify anything.

some detailing!

Old 12-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by gclasse
Got my hand on one of these kits approx three weeks ago on my EU travel!! This is an amazing kit and no need to cut or modify anything.

some detailing!
looks great bro,

best cooler kit available if you ask me

Old 12-06-2016, 10:54 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
+2 ... gclasse, your car looks FANTASTIC! Nice

Old 12-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
+3 buddy well done! Clean and timeless!

Old 12-11-2016, 03:22 PM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
I'm not able to overwhelm my 4.5 stuff but am curious.
What, they survive to AND from cars and coffee? Even on I66?

Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Can you guys post up weights of the IC? Would be nice to have an accurate list of the weighs of the various offerings. This has been asked many times but none of the manufacturers are willing to publish the data. Sam, can you weigh and post those numbers next time you have your hands on any of the aftermarket offerings? Thx..
To their credit, Wagner has the weights on their website: 2x5.7kg for the regular upgrade ICs and 2x6.7kg for these.
http://www.wagner-tuningshop.de/prod...0001020-1.html
http://www.wagner-tuningshop.de/prod...0001078-1.html
Not lightweights....

Now we need an earl-style back-to-back test.

Last edited by stevemfr; 12-11-2016 at 03:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.