996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

315/25/19 Continental Sportcontact 6 apparently available in UK, attempting to import

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:52 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
The more people we have interested the more likely they will work with us. So far we have:
1. brnrdtns
2. John@SpeedTech
3. Gunther
4. rickw30

I'm still waiting for a reply to my last email.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:08 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Good news. It appears that I have succeeded and due to the strength in the US dollar the prices are quite good. I read through some legal documents and I believe that there will be no problems with customs. I am going to go ahead and order the front tires also as my current quote is just for the rear tires. I am going to ask if the members here can email him directly with this same order so you all don't have to jump through the same hoops I did. I will try to set up a Paypal money transfer, I'm reading that Paypal can convert your currency for you. Here is their reply:

Dear Bernard,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our price offer is $340.00 per unit if we dispatch 2 units, hence $680.00 for 2 units.
The price includes the tire price and all shipping costs from Germany to your address in the US by air freight.

Item:
ID:0357206 Continental SportContact 6 315/25 ZR19 (98Y) XL

Delivery time is some 14 days.
Payment terms are wire transfer to our bank account in the US.
It’s also possible to pay by PayPal. But then the price must be in euros (EUR) due to our PayPal regulations. Your EUR price is 318.00 EUR per unit.
Please advise.

Sincerely,
Marat Rahmatulin
International delivery coordinator

Delticom AG
Brühlstr. 11, 30169 Hannover
Phone: 0049 (0)511-93634-823
Fax: 0049 (0)511-215-3331
mail: rahmatulin@delti.com
http://www.delti.com

Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Rainer Binder
Managing Directors: Thierry Delesalle, Susann Dörsel-Müller, Philip von Grolman, Andreas Prüfer
Registered Office: Hanover, Germany
District Court: AG Hanover, Germany, HRB 58026
VAT No: DE 812759861

Last edited by brnrdtns; 01-19-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:04 AM
Looks like it will cost 1072 Euro which is $1175 plus currency conversion and paypal fees. Pretty good price for a set of quality tires and this is shipped. I guesstimate based on Tirerack prices for CS6 in other sizes that it is saving me $100 to $150 under what it would cost if they were sold here. USD is very strong right now.

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your order.

The front tires would cost you 218.00 EUR each, hence 436.00 EUR for 2 units. The total price of 4 units (2 front +2 rear) would be 1072.00 EUR.

ID:0357283 Continental SportContact 6 235/35 ZR19 (91Y) XL >> 218.00 EUR / unit

Please re-confirm. Then I will issue an order confirmation with a PayPal link.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:21 AM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Thats a pretty fair price! I was going to go back to my OEM turbo twist in 18" but may give these a try!

Old 01-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Yah I thought this would cost too much at first but not bad at all.

Thank you for your order.

Attached is our order confirmation no. Xxxxxxxx.

Please pay by the PayPal link attached in the document or to paypal_eur@delti.com.

Remember to include the order no. Xxxxxxxxxx, so the payment is assigned automatically.

The order will be passed to the warehouse once the payment has arrived.

You will receive our commercial invoice after the tyres are dispatched to our transit warehouse in Germany.

We will dispatch from Germany to the USA with UPS by air freight. The UPS tracking number will be provided.

Sincerely,

Marat Rahmatulin

International delivery coordinator

Old 01-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Here is a video by the designers, a bunch of speed freaks. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tFbXyeUf2rA
They say they are good to 217 mph with their new cord techology.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:39 AM
krikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud ofkrikra has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
Awesome. Do the sidewalls feel pretty stiff under cornering? Or do they sway around a bit like a comfort tire? Do they have a DOT marking on them? In the US the DOT aka department of transportation has their test to make them legal here and they put their label on them with some load rating numbers I think. It should say DOT on it somewhere, it usualy looks like this:

It is possible that they got them tested and molded in the label and have not imported them for some reason. I know the R8 and I think the Cayman use these tires, so there are some available here but not in the sizes I need. Thanks for any help!
They have DOT marking "6Y2V D6YD 3615"

Old 01-23-2017, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by krikra
They have DOT marking "6Y2V D6YD 3615"
Ok, good. I'm still waiting for my bank to transfer funds to my paypal. Should be there tomorrow.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:16 AM
I got my payment in via paypal. I got a reciept from them. They forgot my front tires because I made changes to the order and they forgot to update it so I emailed them to fix it. Otherwise everything looks good, just need to wait on shipping. Looks like there is no tax on exported orders which is probably saving me a ton.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:24 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Please keep us posted on this.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Gunther
Please keep us posted on this.
It looks like they did not mess up my order after all. The two different tire sizes are at different warehouses in Germany. They are shipped from the storage warehouses to the international shipping facility and then to me. When one pair got shipped they sent me an invoice for it, and then two days later they shipped the other pair and sent me another separate invoice for those two tires. They should both get to the international shipping warehouse on Monday. From there it should take another week for them to ship across the pond by air freight and then to my house via UPS. I am looking at about a 9 day wait from today.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:30 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Sounds like things are going in the right direction. Let us know when they have arrived.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Gixxed_Spyder is on a distinguished road
Interested in the review and how you would compare them against the Invos.

Cheers,

Deepak

Old 02-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Well it looks like they have made the journey. I'll see if I can get them put on my rims this afternoon.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170205-105953.png
Views:	34
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	469155  
Old 02-06-2017, 05:25 PM
I got the tires. Everything seems good so I dropped them off at the tire shop for the night with my rims to be mounted in the morning. The sidewalls seem pretty good, I think they will be a good handling tire. I will get some pics tomorrow. If you want a set here is what you've got to do.

1. Figure out how you are going to pay. You can do a bank transfer in USD or make a PayPal payment in EUR. PayPal will convert your currency for you for a fee. It takes a few days to transfer money from your bank to PayPal so plan ahead. They cover the PayPal fees so no worries there.

2. Email Delticom AG with your order to international.delivery@delti.com Delticom is a big online tire outfit in Europe similar to Tire Rack. Tell them who you are and that you want a set of Continental Sportcontact 6 tires in 235/35/19 and 315/25/19 and that these are not available in the US so you need to import. Tell them your shipping address and how you would like to pay. They will email you back with further instructions.

3. It takes about 2 weeks from the time you pay to when you get your tires via UPS shipping. They first ship from separate warehouses to the international shipping facility and then out to you so you have to wait for shipping twice.

I hope this helps a few 6speed peeps and I'm glad to have solved this issue!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.