996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Christmas came early...(or late?) ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 02:44 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Just got off the phone with Jimmy to check on your car. He's fitting the intercoolers now! The exhaust looks so beastie!
SWEET. Would be epic to be able to pick it up today...but not going to rush it.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:01 PM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MotoJB
SWEET. Would be epic to be able to pick it up today...but not going to rush it.
Come pick me up on the way

Old 01-27-2017, 04:05 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HardHitter
Come pick me up on the way
Ha ha...even if you were on the way, driving in rush hour friday traffic isn't going to be that thrilling.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:24 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Turbo's are on Getting closer...

OT for this thread, but how do you like those Yokos? Haven't seen a lot of feedback on them, but considering those when I need tires next.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
OT for this thread, but how do you like those Yokos? Haven't seen a lot of feedback on them, but considering those when I need tires next.
Liking them...they are very sticky. Grip seems to be very good and predictable thus far. They seem to be a tad noisy but perfect for what I do with the car.

Another buddy of mine got them recently and really likes them as well. He's coming off of Falken 453's though, so these are definitely a step up.

Thus far, I would buy them again.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Well car is a beast...runs well...definitely notice the difference. I only have an "80%" tune from Sambo so there is more to get out of it.

Thus far, very pleased. Just have to dial in the tune.

Just attempted to pull my damn logs to send to Sam but there's too much traffic!

Will have to try to pull them late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:40 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
I ran a set of AD08's and like them as well. They are a compromise street and track tire with pretty soft rubber giving you high grip. They can take a lot of heat without getting greasy. They have a nice predictable progressive slide at the limits. The sidewalls are very stiff with steel cord reinforcement giving you very good feel and turning stability. Wet performance is good. On the downside they won't last more than 10,000 miles, they are pretty noisey, they could crack below 40 degrees, and they are a bit of a bumpy ride.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:54 PM
^^^Yeah, what he said too. I was also going to mention that they seem to give a fairly bumpy ride. Combined with my PSS10's coilovers, the overall ride is definitely a bit harsh. Not as bad as with my old JIC Cross Coilovers but still harsh.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
Another buddy of mine got them recently and really likes them as well. He's coming off of Falken 453's though, so these are definitely a step up.

Thus far, I would buy them again.
yep, big improvement over the Falkens. These Yokohamas are definitely a great tire for weekends, canyons, and fun. I'll be happy with 7-8 thousand miles out of them.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:38 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Try them at a track. Once you heat them up they really get sticky and pick up gravel and dirt on the pavement. They kick ***. You would have to go to Michelin Sport Cup tires to do better.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:09 AM
spiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to behold
Congrats MotoJB, looks great! Hopefully traffic clears up for you.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by spiderman
Congrats MotoJB, looks great! Hopefully traffic clears up for you.
Thanks man...it finally did last night before we went out for the evening.

Sent Sam the logs and got his input late Sat eve while I was sitting at dinner. Now how's that for service people??

Things are looking good! Safe to rip around and will be pull more logs today.

Will further fine tune and dial it up a bit next week.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers buddy, imagine what I can do completed and on race fuel! The car looks really good in the intercoolers are so bad ***. IATs go up about 10 or 12° but then if you stay in it at speed they start going down again. That's outstanding for a K16 based turbo charger pushing 1.3 bar on pump! I can give you more mid range for sure just need my big screens on Monday to set you up nicely.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:19 PM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
First run new turbos. Seems its christmas all around the world.
https://youtu.be/p-tB19Fsico

Old 01-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
First run new turbos. Seems its christmas all around the world.
https://youtu.be/p-tB19Fsico

Nice! Congrats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.