996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Christmas came early...(or late?) ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:25 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Cheers buddy, imagine what I can do completed and on race fuel! The car looks really good in the intercoolers are so bad ***. IATs go up about 10 or 12° but then if you stay in it at speed they start going down again. That's outstanding for a K16 based turbo charger pushing 1.3 bar on pump! I can give you more mid range for sure just need my big screens on Monday to set you up nicely.

Can't wait. Thanks again Sam. Dealing with you continues to be awesome.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:35 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Hi guys,

first rollout is over. Car runs a little lean when the big boost kicks in. Now its time to fine tune the software.
Car runs 1,1 bar boost between 3600-5400 and 1,45 bar after.
Pulls were made in 4th gear only

Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2017, 09:11 AM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
Hi guys,

first rollout is over. Car runs a little lean when the big boost kicks in. Now its time to fine tune the software.
Car runs 1,1 bar boost between 3600-5400 and 1,45 bar after.
Pulls were made in 4th gear only
Right on Ghost! Dial her in and have fun.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
A customer sent this in. Tuned by the installer on 93. The 68's keep pulling which is great!

Old 02-02-2017, 11:10 AM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
A customer sent this in. Tuned by the installer on 93. The 68's keep pulling which is great!

That is impressive!

Sambo: For clarification, the K24/68HTA is the exact same hybrid that Josh got but just a K24 vs K16 right? If so, the primary difference is going to be shifting the peak higher into the RPM range and more hp/tq?

Old 02-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Correct. I like the 16's with our set up to about 700 crank which I think is a great place to be. It's like having a V8 in there. The 24 version will come in a little later naturally but have the legs for 800 crank. Torque IMHO we hold at about 700 anyhow to avoid becoming a statistic. Been seeing more of that lately unfortunately. These quotes are regular high octane fuel. With Ethanol the hp can go just about as high as you have ***** on either. The 24's feel great too. A good conversation will help with your choice or you may choose based on what you have. I can tell you that if you have either the TiAL Alpha wheels start moving air faster than stock!

Old 02-03-2017, 04:05 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
I had the choice to rebuild my k16. The compressor wheel would have been the same size (49,5mm). Problem with the little k16 are the potential to produce high boost at low rpms. It kills the rods fast, if you do not take care of it.
Now i got a bosch sp200 installed, to solve the fuel problem.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
I had the choice to rebuild my k16. The compressor wheel would have been the same size (49,5mm). Problem with the little k16 are the potential to produce high boost at low rpms. It kills the rods fast, if you do not take care of it.
Now i got a bosch sp200 installed, to solve the fuel problem.
When you say "take care of it", I assume you mean properly tune it?

Old 02-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Yes. Of course with modded k24 too. The tune is essential to save the stock rods.
In my case i need bigger injectors, cause the car runs lean from 5400 on...
My car is restrictrd to 820-830 NM (engine).
So no danger.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:43 AM
Final result.

Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:51 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Awesome JB! Giving me some turbo envy haha. You too ghost..

Sam, how does this setup compare to the XR770 (I think that is the one) setup we briefly talked about in the past?

Old 02-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
Hey,
It's the same comp wheel. Just hybrid in to the K16. When you go full XR you get more efficiency and power due to the updated and upgraded TiAL CHRA and turbine but of'course more cost. Great and better

Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
i need to stop coming into this thread. I ****ed up over the weekend and went to buy groceries and came home with a brand new pickup truck.....(that has a lift, wheels, tires going on today that have eaten into my new turbo funds)

Old 02-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
i need to stop coming into this thread. I ****ed up over the weekend and went to buy groceries and came home with a brand new pickup truck.....(that has a lift, wheels, tires going on today that have eaten into my new turbo funds)
Everyone has their priorities! Congrats on the truck.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:40 AM
rickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud of
Good for you !
As long as you didn't spend the kids college fund it's ok. And buy those new turbo's if you want. You deserve it ! Lol. Everybody else in the family gets what they want... With no arguments. I work hard, I'm not a drunk, I'm not a drugy and I'm not a womanizer. I do it all the time and that's how I reason with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.