996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Christmas came early...(or late?) ;)

Old 01-22-2017, 10:12 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Christmas came early...(or late?) ;)

Just sharing my excitement...

Look what showed up. Christmas in January!

Respected Sam@ByDesign/TiAL A1668's (factory K-16 cartridges - rebuilt and upgraded to low tolerance K16/68mm Billet Hybrids), 5.7" of serious German Wagner intercooler goodness, IPD plenum and 74mm TB (not pictured). Injectors already on, clutch done, etc...

A safe/reliable COBB tune from Sam to tie it all together.

Going on this week. Gonna be fun. Never owned a car with that kind of power.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:34 AM
rickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud of
Congrats! Makes you feel like a kid again. You will be amazed at the transformation.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:39 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
nice parts. should be a whole new adventure. congrats.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:37 AM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Thanks fellas, yeah, it'll be an adventure for sure. Hope all goes well.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 AM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MotoJB
Thanks fellas, yeah, it'll be an adventure for sure. Hope all goes well.
Hope not. Plan well...!

Old 01-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice working with you as usual bud. I'm really excited for you and I'll stay in touch with Jimmy over at JS Porsche to make sure everything goes quick and smooth!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:59 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Nice working with you as usual bud. I'm really excited for you and I'll stay in touch with Jimmy over at JS Porsche to make sure everything goes quick and smooth!

JB's gonna be my test bed, gonna synch up after the install is done

Old 01-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
JB's gonna be my test bed, gonna synch up after the install is done
Great, so now I'm everyone's guinea pig!

Sounds good.

Sam is going to create this awesome build and I will be there to help spread the gospel of ByDesign.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
You guys are all good. We have so many out there! All the components in my kits are developed and built from very reputable brands and we have old strong relationships. I am proud of my sig and it's all thanks to my team!

Old 01-23-2017, 03:49 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
You'll wonder why you ever waited, great mods. Just don't floor it at low RPM and make sure you have good gas and you will be good to go.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by brnrdtns
You'll wonder why you ever waited, great mods. Just don't floor it at low RPM and make sure you have good gas and you will be good to go.
Thanks!

Old 01-24-2017, 02:37 PM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
This is my biggest reason for not wanting to go K16's. I like the idea of K24's naturally shifting the torque curve to the right. Less stress on the rods

Old 01-24-2017, 02:54 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BauerR
This is my biggest reason for not wanting to go K16's. I like the idea of K24's naturally shifting the torque curve to the right. Less stress on the rods
It is a real concern. I think this is how timccloud and also e8 pack blew up. I ran overboost with the 18g's in the cold weather and lifted my heads. If you see it running over boost just stop. I was doing it and thinking to myself "bonus boost!" Not a good idea.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
Guys make sure you get your information from experienced sources. If anyone is delivering a car set up to not be able to hit the gas at low RPM there's a whole different problem. You should be able to have a car calibrated to do whatever you want whenever you want properly. That is how our packages work and we stand behind them. Issues happen when you deviate too far from factory control and or start to push limits. It's all in the tuning and if the client wants full control they have to understand what they are getting into.

I just don't want to see people scared away because of certain bad experiences out there which can be caused by a multitude of reasons. But as someone mentioned in another post we are seeing if you were in companies and tuners sticking around in this game. If you're dealing with the right person you should have nothing to be afraid of no matter what he said or she said.

Best

Old 01-24-2017, 03:27 PM
benw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant future
Sam, do you have any pump gas sample dyno graphs of these turbos? I had not seen them before and my interest is piqued! I am searching for an upgrade to my aging K16/24 which work well, but I know there's newer technology out there.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.