996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

help me 2002 (45000miles) vs 2004 x50 (92000miles)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:36 AM
uwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud of
Ya I'm pretty psyched if it checks out. A bit scary since I've just come to trust the turbo that I have. A lot of the maintenance items I can take care of on my own. So that isn't a issue!!! It's the big stuff that I worry about. Mainly synchros and coolant pipes.
Either way if it does check out I'll have to buy. I just can't pass up the opportunity. Even though I've had second thoughts.

Anyway I'll keep you all in the loop

Old 02-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Pacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to all
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
the b8's will go well with the springs. sounds as if you know your way around the car. enjoy it.

they most certainly are
Yes seems to be the consensus that it's a good, reliable street worthy suspension set-up for sure! I've learned lots from our community to be honest. I've always wrenched on my cars. Had a handful of other water cooled Porsches, but there's a great level on knowledge on the forums especially for our turbo platform. It's saved me tons of headaches before and during the purchase of my car and my current ownership.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Pacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to all
Originally Posted by uwrasta993
Ya I'm pretty psyched if it checks out. A bit scary since I've just come to trust the turbo that I have. A lot of the maintenance items I can take care of on my own. So that isn't a issue!!! It's the big stuff that I worry about. Mainly synchros and coolant pipes.
Either way if it does check out I'll have to buy. I just can't pass up the opportunity. Even though I've had second thoughts.

Anyway I'll keep you all in the loop
Awesome- hope it checks out! Lots of car for a relatively little amount of money. Throw your DIY ability in there and you have a great value.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.