996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bendable tubing for bigger intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
The blue grey tubing is tough an it is the smoothest inside. After installing Markski's parts I've come full circle. I think it is worth it. It fits perfectly and the weight savings are significant. Really nice setup.
. It works and serves the purpose. The hard piping is so hard to set up even with the engine out because you have no clue where the subframe mount will be in relation to the piping thus requiring often dropping it again and getting to the hard to get to clamps. It really is a pain in the butt.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:14 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
The hard piping is so hard to set up even with the engine out because you have no clue where the subframe mount will be in relation to the piping thus requiring often dropping it again and getting to the hard to get to clamps. It really is a pain in the butt.
That's an understatement, Lol. I wanted to fly down to Arizona and choke the life out of the guys that designed the black plastic pipes that Evoms and Speedtech is selling. Luckily you only have go do it once and then you're set for the life of the car. I don't regret it but its a royal biatch to install.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
That's an understatement, Lol. I wanted to fly down to Arizona and choke the life out of the guys that designed the black plastic pipes that Evoms and Speedtech is selling. Luckily you only have go do it once and then you're set for the life of the car. I don't regret it but its a royal biatch to install.
lol. I know first hand trust me

Old 03-12-2017, 03:32 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
The blue grey tubing is tough an it is the smoothest inside. After installing Markski's parts I've come full circle. I think it is worth it. It fits perfectly and the weight savings are significant. Really nice setup.
I've learned if something is more expensive, there is probably a reason. Not worth saving a few bucks to waste 10X the time to do something.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:26 PM
911mhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Hilarious, I laughed at this one as I had the exact same thought when I was lowering the engine out to trim the piping after realizing it didn't quite clear crossmember. This kit is bomber but was one of the most PITA things I've dealt with in a long time.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:48 AM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
Ceramic coated aluminum Plenum

Would it help with engine heat issues if the Markski plenum was ceramic coated?

Thxs

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
It would not hurt but then you can start coating everything from headers to exhaust. Lol

run a meth / water kit and all your engine issues temp issues will go away

Old 03-18-2017, 09:39 AM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
Ok- once I order it & I will send it out for Ceramic coating.

As soon as I get my tax refund.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:32 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
You ceramic coat things to keep heat in. I wouldn't want to keep heat inside that, I'd want to dissipate it.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:34 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
You ceramic coat things to keep heat in. I wouldn't want to keep heat inside that, I'd want to dissipate it.
thats correct. you would teflon coat the outside of the metal piece to keep heat out

Old 03-19-2017, 06:06 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Paint it black.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BauerR
Paint it black.
Actually flat black... for a better black body radiator. Teflon or ceramic adds another insulation layer. Ceramic thermal conductivity is not as bad as Teflon, but still an order of magnitude worse than bare metal. The black paint would essentially not change the conductivity. All that said, I'd guess any of these treatments would not make a difference on the air temperature entering the motor.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
The problem with flat black is that it will absorb as well as radiate. Biggest thing I'd try to do is limit or insulate physical contact with the motor, air is a terrific insulator. Any contact will transmit heat well. Build the piece from plastic vs aluminum and use plastic tubing to best insulate everything.

Or just eliminate the tubing and run fender inlets lol.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 AM
I think you guys are looking into this way to much. lol. Id be concerned if it was a dedicated road course car. Otherwise.............

Old 03-20-2017, 08:14 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Nah don't bother covering this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.