996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I would like Jean to go out and get some 1/4 mile times with his car as well, but in all honesty...his 60-130 times are very quick.
Scott

As you know my car is setup for the race track. I have very stiff suspension, it is very low, very aggressive alignment settings, 2WD, no LSD, huge tires (275 up front on occasions).. all of the above are the worse combo for the strip.

The only attempt I had at the 60-130mph 2 years ago ended nearly with an accident, I had a two lane change without even time to react as the car went sideways. I checked my datalogs at home and they showed a 0.3 lateral G at around 95mph, I had to lift briefly. The car was all over the place going left and right. You can see on the datalogs what I mean, the red line is the sideways motion, (the lateral Gs not long Gs). If you compare this to other runs that you have from yourself or others, you will see how bad this is.

My engine was built for the race track in mind in 120F temps, so it is tuned for low boost and the injectors maxxed out at around 1.2 bar, I have never run it at that boost yet, I ran it at 0.9 bar on the track, and this is how it lasted 2 years of club racing (all of this can be cross checked with Todd). This sideways run was at less than 1.2 bar with fuel worse than California, in 100F temps. I like reading and debating about 60-130mph but it is definitely not something I go out and try or where I try to compete, hence I only did one serious attempt, ever, and that was it for me! I am scared of speed

Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It totally depends on the car. With my car, my boost is already hitting hard in 3rd before I reach 60...but since I'm not at the top of my rpm range (8k rpm), I'm not making my maximum power. Thus, it benefits me to lose a little time by shfiting twice rather than once, in order to stay in the peak of my RPM range as much as possible throughout the run.

If you have a lower redline and your car's HP peak is near the high end, than you may be at max power closer to 60 in 3rd than I am...which means you may be better off with one shift.

My only point about lag was that unless we're talking cars that don't build boost until after 60 mph in 3rd (neither my car, nor your car falls into this category), than it isn't really an issue. It comes down to where in the powerband your car is making its peak power....and how close you are to that point when you are in 3rd gear at 60 mph.

Of course the speed that you shift helps as well. Not only for the obvious reason (reducing the time that you aren't accelerating), but it also may prevent a large drop in RPM and get you back into boost sooner. This is primarily why turbo cars with autos are so fast in runs 1/4 mile and 60-130 runs. They never drop out of boost during the run.
I see I see, thanks for the info, a lot of it is just the obvious I failed to see

Jean I feel you man as well. My car is setup strictly for the track, although I am very curious about it's performance in a 1/4 mile, it's just useless to me and for what I use the car for.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Jean, is the car very trackable with the RWD and no LSD.

My only time trying it was with the PSM on, and now that I know how PSM upsets my car, maybe it felt worse than it would have off.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Jean, is the car very trackable with the RWD and no LSD.

My only time trying it was with the PSM on, and now that I know how PSM upsets my car, maybe it felt worse than it would have off.
Heavychevy

Let's say it is not something I recommend. I like having fun at the track, and part of that is going sideways out of turns When I say no LSD, it means none at all, so if you have the stock LSD, you should be fine.

It is drivable definitely, you need to be very smooth with the throttle though. During racing, I would guess I might gain another second with LSD. There are so many other things that we need to improve before blaming hardware, that I am stretching it to the limit. Still on stock 993TT brakes as well , just pads and SRF

Old 04-23-2008, 11:13 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Oh man, I forgot you are 993 and have stock LSD. 996 TT does not have the privelege.

I've done it before and I'm pretty sure I can handle it, but I dont want to fight the car the whole time. I've aborted my plans for RWD.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Scott

As you know my car is setup for the race track. I have very stiff suspension, it is very low, very aggressive alignment settings, 2WD, no LSD, huge tires (275 up front on occasions).. all of the above are the worse combo for the strip.
I'm with you, Jean. Not sure you're aware, but my car is running a stiff suspension setup at GT2 ride height with aggressive alignment settings, RWD and no LSD as well. It's definitely not setup for the dragstrip and never has been. The main difference is that I run drag radials at the dragstrip and typically on the street as well.

If you slap on a set of quality drag radials and make no other changes to your car...you'll hook plenty well enough to get a decent 1/4 mile E.T and trap speed. No worries there. If I was looking for a 9 second 1/4 mile E.T., I'd change my whole setup...but I really only care about trap speed in my P-car.

The only attempt I had at the 60-130mph 2 years ago ended nearly with an accident, I had a two lane change without even time to react as the car went sideways. I checked my datalogs at home and they showed a 0.3 lateral G at around 95mph, I had to lift briefly. The car was all over the place going left and right. You can see on the datalogs what I mean, the red line is the sideways motion, (the lateral Gs not long Gs). If you compare this to other runs that you have from yourself or others, you will see how bad this is.
Wow...that is pretty scary.

My engine was built for the race track in mind in 120F temps, so it is tuned for low boost and the injectors maxxed out at around 1.2 bar, I have never run it at that boost yet, I ran it at 0.9 bar on the track, and this is how it lasted 2 years of club racing (all of this can be cross checked with Todd). This sideways run was at less than 1.2 bar with fuel worse than California, in 100F temps. I like reading and debating about 60-130mph but it is definitely not something I go out and try or where I try to compete, hence I only did one serious attempt, ever, and that was it for me! I am scared of speed
I just want to see what you trap. I know your car is very strong, so of course I want to see what mph you can run. You can't fault me for being curious.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-24-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Scott, that's quite impressive that you get those times! With softer suspension and some ride height in the rear, you should do much better still.

My guess would be that I would trap around 135mph+ at 1.2 bar, Acropora did a 133 or similar, I am lighter (3100 lbs + empty)and I think I have more power than his Proto 993Tt setup, but I don't have any 60-130 from him to compare.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:56 PM
fgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of light
Hello Jean, I guess that what the forum should know is how good your car is on the track, as well as you drove it..Why you do not mention that you had the fastest stop lap ever made on street car in the Dubai Autodrome...:-) your car is just perfect...fun as you said..TC & See you soon

Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by fgaillard
Hello Jean, I guess that what the forum should know is how good your car is on the track, as well as you drove it..Why you do not mention that you had the fastest stop lap ever made on street car in the Dubai Autodrome...:-) your car is just perfect...fun as you said..TC & See you soon
I researched your name and saw the pictures that you posted on this forum about your CF decklid, then I knew who you are Looking forward to see that beast of yours on the track, it must be really fast!

This thread is about straightline acceleration, but yes I do have the track record and the last 4 overall victories in a row at the Porsche Club sprint races.

I did clock a 60-130mph in 6.2s yesterday after I gave it a single try....at <1 BAR and pump gas!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:48 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Jean
Can you post a foto of your car?
Sincerely
Robert

Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Fantastic job Ryan! Some credit should go to your impressive weight loss program. How many pounds have you removed?

Old 04-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Fantastic job Ryan! Some credit should go to your impressive weight loss program. How many pounds have you removed?
So is it not stock weight?
Originally Posted by robmd99
Jean
Originally Posted by robmd99
Can you post a foto of your car?
Sincerely
Robert
Robert, here is a link to a couple of them.
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...6&postcount=11

Last edited by Jean; 04-26-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Okay guys...so here's one hell of a run:

Tym Switzer ran dk996TT's 997TT to a extraordinarily quick 5.21 60-130 with 1-shift on a almost flat .40% decline! Tym also pulled a very quick 0.20 second 3rd to 4th shift. The run was completed in only 759 feet.

With this phenomenal run, dk996tt just jumped to #3 on the list! Outstanding job!!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-27-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:39 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Great run DK and Tym. It looks like it has more in her. Good Luck.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:53 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Dayum, it runs as fast as it sounds! Awesome job DK and Tym!

And on stock internals

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list