996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

Softronic Winter Special 20% Off Expires 11/30 - HURRRRRRRRRY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Softronic Winter Special 20% Off Expires 11/30 - HURRRRRRRRRY

Promotion is over. Vivid Racing now offers its own tuning at www.vrtuned.com. Read our FAQ, see applications, and order. We are no longer affiliated with or sell the other brand of tuning.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
I just purchased the flash and I am looking forward to the new seat of the pants change.

More to follow.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks for the order Keith! You will be very happy.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
sand bandit is on a distinguished road
If it retails for 1549 and you save 349 then how do we end up with a price of 1239? 1549-349= 1200.

Originally Posted by vividracing
Porsche 996 Turbo ECU Flash - Retail $1549. Save $349. ONLY $1239

Temperatures may be falling, but Softronic has some HOT Winter Specials for you! We've supported this club since 2005, and the membership has supported us too. So in conjunction with my first child being born on Nov 24 , we'd like to give back to the membership. For a limited time (exp 11/30/09) 6Speed members can save up to 39% on Softronic Packages. 911, Boxsters, Caymans, Cayennes, Turbos, we've got something for almost every Porsche owner worldwide.

All of our ECU flashing is done via the OBDII port which you connect to via the provided cable. You can read about and see the instructions here - www.softronictuning.com/installation. And if you want to know how well the Softronic tune works, read our customer comments by searching this forum, or reading here - http://www.softronictuning.com/produ...-flash-tuning/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3Fk...layer_embedded

Modern day Porsche engines are highly sophisticated. They're controlled by an equally sophisticated computer that Porsche calls a DME (Digital Motor Electronics). The DME controls our engine's ignition timing, fuel mixture, cam timing, cam overlap, intake manifold tuning, exhaust tuning, throttle response and much more. The DME contains millions of bytes of code and many 3 dimensional timing and mixture control maps. Softronic has been tuning and enhancing this code for years. Our DME flashes are improved versions of the original Porsche code designed to improve throttle response, fuel mileage and overall performance throughout the operating range and under all driving conditions. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the way your car runs and our packages represent years of development and expertise.

Remember that Softronic offers many unique advantages including:

Electronic Delivery. Flash your car at home with your own laptop. No need to rip your DME out of your car or send it anywhere. This means there's no down time and you can flash your car back to stock at any time for any reason.

Free updates for life. If/when we find a way to improve our software package, you receive the new improved flash for free.

Transfers and Upgradeability. If you sell/trade your Porsche for another of the same model, we'll provide a new Softronic flash for your new car for only $500. Upgrade to a Porsche model that requires a more expensive flash and simply pay us the the difference. Compare this with any other software package available and you'll find the they become worthless if you sell or upgrade your car. Buying a Softronic software package is like putting money in the bank.

Personalized customization. When you place your order let us know if you'd like Sport mode activated (even if your car doesn't have Sport Chrono); if you'd like your rev limiter bumped, and by how much; if you want a file for use with racing gas; If your car has other modifications that could benefit from custom tuning, etc....

Who can take advantage of this special?

How do I sign up?

Orders must be called in by phone to Vivid Racing at (480) 966-3040 x222

Exclusions, limitations and requirements:

To receive the 20% discount, within 1 hour of placing your order you must reply in this thread, "I've placed my order, now give me my 20%!". Offer ends November 30, 2009 software.

Questions and Answers:

Q. Where are the dyno charts?
A. Please use the Search Tool to find some of those tests. This special offer is so broad and covers so many applications that we couldn't possibly list dyno charts for all of them here in this thread. For more information about the products we offer for your car, www.SoftronicTuning.com will have many Dyno graphs.

Q. Will this modification void my warranty?
A. Our answer is no. Read Here. Though it's illegal to void a warranty on a car based on the installation of an aftermarket accessory, dealerships can block coverage on a warranty claim if they feel an aftermarket accessory has caused the problem.

Q. Can I sell or transfer my Softronic package to another Porsche owner?
A. No. Our Update/Upgrade/Transfer policy pertains ONLY to the original purchaser. Our software packages are vehicle specific. The only way you can sell your Softronic package to another owner is if you sell them your entire car.

Q. Can I use a MAC to flash my car?
A. Yes, as long as it's an Intel based MAC that can boot up in Windows.

Q. Can I use Durametric software to clear my over-revs?
A. No. Durametric software will allow you to read your over-revs. It will not allow you to change them.

Q. Will a Softronic Flash effect my gas mileage?
A. Yes. If driven the same way, you will experience improved fuel efficiency with Softronic packages. Most Softronic customers report an increase of approximately 2 MPG.

Q. Will I pass emission testing with a Softronic Flash in my car.
A. Yes. Softronic flashes focus on clean efficient combustion. Most states check emissions through the OBDII port. That means if you don't have a check engine light, you car will pass. In states where exhaust gasses are sampled, a Softronic car will still pass.

Q. Do I need an live Internet connection for reading and/or flashing?
A. Yes. Your computer must be able to connect to our servers for both operations (reading and writing). WiFi wireless internet works well for this. We've had customers read and write files from a local Starbucks parking lot.

Q. Can I flash my car using an air card?
A. This is not recommended. Air cards and/or cellular phone tethers can introduce noise and/or distortion during data transfer.

Q. Once I read out my stock file, how long does it take for you to deliver my modified file?
A. We strive to modify and deliver flash files within 24 business hours. Please make sure you provide your name and e-mail address. We will send the modified and original file to the e-mail address you provide.

If you ever need assistance in flashing your car, product questions, or just thoughts, use our LIVE SUPPORT feature at www.softronictuning.com.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor
Cause I went to ASU!

I see you are in AZ, come by the shop

Old 11-19-2009, 08:37 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Very Happy with Softronic, Vivid Racing, and Dan

Ok, I have a 2002 996TT with about 15,000 miles that I keep clean and it is not my every day driver due to the location that I work. I have had the car for three years and put a few goodies on it. Europipe 2 Loud, Forge Diverter Valves. I ordered the Softronic ECU Flash from Dan yesterday. Dan at Vivid was easy to talk with and made sure everything was covered.

The cable came today and I ran the software to send my original data to Softronic. One thing about the software it does not prompt you to send your name, email address, year, model, transmission type, fuel octane value. It is spelled out on the website instructions. Within an hour my updated flash file and my original file were sent to me. I thought that at 5:30pm on the west coast that I would get the file the next day. I was amased.

I printed the check list and hooked up my battery charger. Placed the laptop on a blanket on the top of the car with the charger connected to the laptop. I started down the check list, I disabled the virus protection and made sure it didn’t start on its own. Stopped my windows auto update and ran the downloaded software.

All it takes is un-zipping the folder that was sent, double clicking the file in the new folder and the software started and took over.

I always felt that this 996TT had a lazy throttle compared to the previous normally aspirated Porsche's. The car was not very peppy at low end and I thought that that was due to the weight, turbo, etc.

When I first started the car I could tell that with just a blip of the throttle that something was different. The throttle felt more like a normally aspirated cars that I have owned in the past.

I decided to take it for a drive. Oh-My-God! The boost gage reads out higher numbers at lower rpm. It feels like the old Starwars Movie when the Millennium Falcon goes from the speed of sound to the speed of light. I made several lower speed runs to 110 mph and didn’t want to over do it… Just before I turned onto my residential street I turned the corner and dropped to 1st gear at about 10 mph. WOW! It now feels like the car lost a 1000 pounds. It see 1.0 bar sooner and at a lower level than ever before.

I considered a half dozen other software vendors and this had more future options, more HP than most, and was half the price of most. And a discount to boot!

I have no affiliation with Vivid Racing, he didn’t give me an extra discount and this was the second purchase from Vivid and the first purchase was the Forge Diverter Valve. This testament was totally unsolicited.

Last edited by porschedude996T; 11-29-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Former Vendor
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 04:07 PM
lewvsal is on a distinguished road
"I've placed my order, now give me my 20%!"

Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor
Just following up now that I am back in the office. Did you order over the phone?