996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

orange colored gunk under oil cap?

Old 10-26-2007, 10:36 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
lol! carrie sounds like a good girlie! ya, todd will have my back too. just in case, i should go ahead and hand out my attorney's card for you all to call.....just in case! hahaha! if i'm on house arrest...perhaps i should take up knitting! j/k j/k!

yes! a lift is a wonderful idea! if you get that home with all of the property...you can build one mean garage! it will be like having 1/2 of us living with you since we'll be at your house all of the time! dang...you can charge us part rent! haha!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
if its coolant/oil intermix, you should have oil in your expansion tank (coolant reservoir). Does the dip stick look frothy? What color is your coolant...orange?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:00 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redridge
if its coolant/oil intermix, you should have oil in your expansion tank (coolant reservoir). Does the dip stick look frothy? What color is your coolant...orange?
hi redridge,

good question. i'm not sure what color the coolant is. i'll have to check on that. as far as the dipstick goes, it comes out clean. i did notice, however, this morning the inside of the oil cap has a little moisture. it's been 29 degrees overnight and the car was outside and had frost on it. i hadn't started the engine before i removed the cap to peek at it this morning.

regarding p-car coolant, do you HAVE to buy it from the dealership? can i go to any type of automotive place and get it? in the manual, it states it has to be genuine pcar coolant. the reservoir looked a bit low today, so i need to add some coolant. what are your thoughts on this?

thanks you for your advice!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
clean your cap and keep an eye on it (not literally of course, that would hurt) and see if it does it again... look for oil in the coolant tank as well. Condensation is normal as engines are not atmospehericaly sealed from air moisture.
As for coolant, there is another brand that you can buy, but since I forgot what it is, it must be specific and that means its not that common... Alot of people sez to use Posrche coolant... and thats what I do.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:52 AM
WARDHOG will become famous soon enough
This is normal because of condensation from the engine when it cools down and collects in places like your oil cap. Now if the oil is this color or a white creme color, then you have problems.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Lazerblade is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WARDHOG
This is normal because of condensation from the engine when it cools down and collects in places like your oil cap. Now if the oil is this color or a white creme color, then you have problems.
There you go. My work is done.

Paul

Old 10-27-2007, 01:04 PM
lol! what would a girl do w/ out you paul??? it's like you wave your magic wand and things just happen! haha!

thanks you guys for all of the info! i'll take a peek at the coolant color tonight when the car is back home from work. it just had an oil change done approx 2,500 miles ago.

i'll let you know what i find out!

thanks again!

Old 10-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by WARDHOG
hi wardhog,

it's actually more of an orange color. not so much a cream color.

thanks for your info and advice.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Lazerblade is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
lol! what would a girl do w/ out you paul??? it's like you wave your magic wand and things just happen! haha!

thanks you guys for all of the info! i'll take a peek at the coolant color tonight when the car is back home from work. it just had an oil change done approx 2,500 miles ago.

i'll let you know what i find out!

thanks again!
Blush. It's the job of a super hero.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:57 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
If it's orange, see if you're missing any blinker fluid!

Old 10-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by jox
If it's orange, see if you're missing any blinker fluid!
i checked it already. all is good with the blinker fluid.