996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED taillights - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
LED taillights - Thoughts?

We will be receiving a shipment of these tailights at the end of next week but I wanted to get your thoughts on them. What do you think? The design was modeled after the 997 LED tails. These will fit all 996 (99-04) NB

Features:

- LED for brake lights and turn signals
- Plug and play
- Excellent fitment
- retains fog light capability
- Warranty: 6 months exchange - buyer pays for shipping
- Available in: red/smoked, red/clear and all clear
- **currently only available for 996 narrow bodies
- GB info below

Final GB info: $575 shipped plus 3.9% paypal fees
Availability for pick up:
$550 cash

Update:

All packages have been shipped and insured for $700. If the boxes and product arrived damaged, please contact me immediately so we can file the insurance claim.

Note: DO NOT INSTALL THIS PLUG AS IT WILL BLOW A FUSE. This is for the rear parking light. Don't worry as another plug will light this wedge bulb light so tape up this connection and just put it away (or cut it) somewhere. Thanks

FINAL GB: (Name/Lights wanted/Paid)

Red Clear:
1. Sold
Stingray2006 -
JHBrennan - Red/clear (paypal received) - tracking number sent

Red/smoked
1. ZDR2K (paypal received) - Should have received already
2. Wheelman (paypal received) - tracking number sent
Doug996InKC (Paypal received) - tracking number sent
4. HxCforlife - (paypaled received)
5. Breakthru

NEW PICTURES (4.13.09)

Red clear side-by-side with red/smoked

Red/Smoked

Lit up

LED Turn signals

Fitment

What do you all think?

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 04-17-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I'm never one to admit - but they look pretty good. Interested!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Looks sharp. And it gets rid of the amber.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 AM
996_c2 is on a distinguished road
what is the price of these going to be?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 AM
1 PGH 1 is on a distinguished road
They look pretty good imo. Was it in the 2000 MY that the tail lights lost the amber?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Thanks for the feedback so far. Regular price is expected to be $650 shipped within the lower 48. I can hold a groupbuy if there's interest for lower pricing.

Edwin

Old 03-06-2009, 08:23 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
You guys gotta get a set for the 997.1 Something with the leds designed just like the .2 would be sweet

Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Are they smok-ey or red? Where do they come from?
Seems a little on the high price spectrum to me if they are made in china but this is something that nobody had done and they look pretty good.
-joel

Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
You guys gotta get a set for the 997.1 Something with the leds designed just like the .2 would be sweet
I would love to...in fact, I would love to get a set for my car (996tt) but the manufacturer only makes it for the 996 NB right now unfortunately

Edwin

Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Are they smok-ey or red? Where do they come from?
Seems a little on the high price spectrum to me if they are made in china but this is something that nobody had done and they look pretty good.
-joel
Joel,

We will have three versions available. Smoke/Red (as you see in the pics), Clear/Red and all clear (with a smoke tint).

These do come from Asia as does almost 100% of aftermarket lights/parts. As far as I know, we are the first to offer the LED lights but in terms of price, if I can get enough interest (5+), I don't have a problem running a GB

Edwin

Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Very nice! I want a set, but not sure which variation. Edwin, can you post larger photos of all three, please?

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 03-06-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Interested as well, keep me posted.

PS I don't want to post the link, but just to let you know there are Boxster versions like this for $170 USD so may want to consider the price.

Cheers
Aaron

Last edited by Purplxd; 03-06-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Very nice! I want a set, but not sure which variation. Edwin, can you post larger photos of all three, please?
Doug,

I will post pics of all three later this afternoon. Thanks for the interet

Originally Posted by Purplxd
Interested as well, keep me posted.

PS I don't want to post the link, but just to let you know there are Boxster versions like this for $170 USD so may want to consider the price.

Cheers
Aaron
Aaron,

Yeah I saw that as well. Unfortunately, I don't control the price. I wish I could sell it for that low but I simply can't since this is one of the first (if not the first) batch to hit the states and be available. The manufacturer knows this and we bought directly from the manufacturer so our cost is pretty high already... not to mention we had to buy in bulk. If I get some interest, I will run a GB and get the price down some. Now if you find the exact one we sell for a lower price, please do let me know.

Edwin

Old 03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Hey Edwin,

You seem to be the only one for sure... and I'm all about supporting a 6speed member! Put me down for the group buy information, I think they are wicked.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Purplxd
Hey Edwin,

You seem to be the only one for sure... and I'm all about supporting a 6speed member! Put me down for the group buy information, I think they are wicked.

Cheers
Aaron
Thanks for the support Aaron. I will post pics of all three when I receive it.

Edwin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED taillights - Thoughts?