996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

~~~? About litronics~~~ i need some

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
~~~? About litronics~~~ i need some

So i think i want to get some litronic headlights....now my ? is does anyone have some for sale at a good price...

and do i need the stock ballast and bulbs if im gonna use my aftermaket hid kit??? please let me know...i need some asap...and im not gonna pay 2g's on ebay!!!!!!!!! lol

Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 PM
KwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
So i think i want to get some litronic headlights....now my ? is does anyone have some for sale at a good price...

and do i need the stock ballast and bulbs if im gonna use my aftermaket hid kit??? please let me know...i need some asap...and im not gonna pay 2g's on ebay!!!!!!!!! lol
i'm looking for some as well, they are hard as hell to find for a decent price

and no u don't, hid kits basically ARE a a ballast, ignitor, and bulbs. so even if you had the stock stuff and you wanted to use your hid kit you wouldn't be able to, given that why would you need an hid kit if the stock one comes with all the stuff you need?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
ttt,,,,anyone have any>????????

Old 06-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
try ebay, sometimes they have good deals.
Litronics is the way to go, it pricey but worth it.
they are plug n play, but if you want you can get the module
to rotate xenon for high beam, also when you turn your car on it adjusts itself.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Kirk will become famous soon enoughKirk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
ttt,,,,anyone have any>????????
www.986forum.com classified ads. There's a Boxster owner on there that's selling some used litronics for $850. Same headlights as on the pre '02 996.

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19445

You'd be hard pressed to find them cheaper than that! Tell 'em "Kirk" from the forum sent ya.

Kirk

Old 06-12-2009, 10:12 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
I have a passenger side avail, excellent........350?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 AM
paulsoo217 is on a distinguished road
the 996s' litronics are a little overrated. I'm not impressed with mine at all. As accurately adjusted as they are, they don't shine far enough; and since they're H.I.D.s, that makes it worse because it creates a big contrast on lit areas and none-lit areas. In another words, you won't be able to see much of anything outside of the 50-foot-light-patterned-areas. What I'm impressed with are the 09 Boxster's non-H.I.D.s. The light pattern is just down right beautiful: it goes wide enough and far enough, and has a pattern that I've never seen before (similar to 08 Boxster's but more accurate.) IMHO, I believethe 09 Boxster's non-H.I.D. headlight kicks 996's Litronic.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by zdr2k
I have a passenger side avail, excellent........350?
i think im gonna need 2 ...lol wheres the other one!!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
yeah i know. other one is broken. may find another somewhere for the pair.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by zdr2k
yeah i know. other one is broken. may find another somewhere for the pair.
how's the other one broken ? the lens ? Or the ballast\bulb ?

Old 06-13-2009, 01:35 PM
adjuster was broken (made the housing trash). Other parts are serviceable. ballast, wiring etc.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM
adg44 is a glorious beacon of lightadg44 is a glorious beacon of lightadg44 is a glorious beacon of lightadg44 is a glorious beacon of lightadg44 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by paulsoo217
the 996s' litronics are a little overrated. I'm not impressed with mine at all. As accurately adjusted as they are, they don't shine far enough; and since they're H.I.D.s, that makes it worse because it creates a big contrast on lit areas and none-lit areas. In another words, you won't be able to see much of anything outside of the 50-foot-light-patterned-areas. What I'm impressed with are the 09 Boxster's non-H.I.D.s. The light pattern is just down right beautiful: it goes wide enough and far enough, and has a pattern that I've never seen before (similar to 08 Boxster's but more accurate.) IMHO, I believethe 09 Boxster's non-H.I.D. headlight kicks 996's Litronic.
I agree, these HIDs don't do much for me. They don't compare at all to the newer ones.

I think I just need to raise these up a little bit though and that will improve the lighting.

- Anthony

Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 PM
adnanm3 can only hope to improve
litronics look great, but for the pice , I dont know

Old 06-18-2009, 12:27 AM
paulsoo217 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by adg44
I agree, these HIDs don't do much for me. They don't compare at all to the newer ones.

I think I just need to raise these up a little bit though and that will improve the lighting.

- Anthony
It's amazing how a few years of technology improves low tech stuff such as lighting sooo much!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
i bought one from some one else and then i found another one and thats how i made my set!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ~~~? About litronics~~~ i need some