996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Battery dead, resesting stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Former Vendor
Elephant Chuck is on a distinguished road
Battery dead, resesting stereo

Battery went dead and now the stereo is kaput. I know there is a code for this, but the car (99) was purchased used and I don't have the code.

What to do.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
Becker N/A can get you the code

http://www.beckerautosound.com/

Old 11-08-2009, 01:35 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
You can post a message at renntech with your serial number, and Loren can give you the key or call Becker but they charge you, I had 1 deck that the key gen didn't work and Becker gave me the key without charging me

Post your serial number of your Becker deck here, I have a Becker Key gen that I can try to give you the number.

Last edited by scubadawg; 11-08-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor
Where does one find the serial number? On the back of the unit?

Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
First way

How to get your radio serial number?
CR-220/CDR-220:
Hold down the TP button for at least 10 seconds after you turn the radio on. "Becker 1" will be displayed. Rotate the right **** (slowly) and it will display the Becker model number. Then rotate it again and the serial number should be displayed on the radio.
Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

CR-210:
Press tone, then 8 and 0 simultaneously. "Becker" appears. Press station up arrow on right. "PR-VERS" appears. Press one of numbered buttons below display, directly below the LCD arrowheads (try a few). The model number will appear. Press station up arrow on right. "SERIAL N" will appear. Press the numbered button again. The serial number will appear.
Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

CDR-23 (or later):
These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.
These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. Only a dealer or shop with a PST2 or PIWIS tester can replace a MOST bus radio (i.e. CDR-23, CDR-24).

I get a WAIT in the display - what do I do?
You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running).

Neither of the suggested numbers worked - what do I do now?
My program does not always work. It works maybe 95% of the time but I have no explanation why it doesn't always work.
You can try 2 digits different each time (and sometime that works). So if your code is 1013 - then try codes 2 digits different from that code (i.e. 1011, 1009, 1015, 1017. etc.)
If that does not work then you will need to contact a dealer or Becker. Becker charges to look up your code and some dealers do too.

If you have the becker deck removal keys remove the deck, serial number on the back

Becker Serial Number Location Guide
The first step is to remove your becker car radio from the car, you will then be able to locate the unique serial number required for decoding by inspecting the top and right hand side of the radio.

A typical example of becker numbers are as follows :
Type 1 has a split becker model and serial number such as
  • Model : BE0837 - Serial : Y1245784
  • Model : BE1122 - Serial : Y7654321
Type 2 has the becker serial number and model combined to form the complete serial number
  • Serial : BE411021234567
  • Serial : BE1234Y1234567

Old 11-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor
My unit is a CDR-210

Model number is R3297
Serial number W5024924

Scuba if you can run that through the key gen that would be great!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Try this number, not sure it will work since this is a CDR-210 (older model)

My deck has a serial number of 2872 so it gave me a code of 6837, which didn't work but I tried going 1 number up and down and 6838 work, you might have to up or down a few numbers. My spare deck, (I have 2- CDR-220) I actually had to call Becker, the tech was nice enough to give me the code over the phone without charging me.
The code gen works most of the time.

Hope it works,

Old 11-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor
I had to try a few codes around that one to get it working.

Also, I found you have to hit the frequency tuning button after entering the code, or it does nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Hi Chuck

So you did your deck back up and running?

Old 11-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by scubadawg
Hi Chuck

So you did your deck back up and running?
Yes, I did. Thanks

Old 11-15-2009, 08:17 PM
dainiukass is on a distinguished road
Boxster Radio Code Needed, cdr 210

Battery went dead and now the stereo is kaput
i got 97 boxster need help with code
Model : BE2282 - Serial : v5010247

Old 11-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm not at my computer at home right now, when I get home I'll generate a code for you

Old 11-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by dainiukass
Battery went dead and now the stereo is kaput
i got 97 boxster need help with code
Model : BE2282 - Serial : v5010247
Try this code: 2728

Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
dainiukass is on a distinguished road
i try 2728 i did not work

i try 2728 i did not work
Originally Posted by scubadawg
Try this code: 2728

Old 11-16-2009, 06:52 PM
See threads above

My program does not always work. It works maybe 95% of the time but I have no explanation why it doesn't always work.
You can try 2 digits different each time (and sometime that works). So if your code is 1013 - then try codes 2 digits different from that code (i.e. 1011, 1009, 1015, 1017. etc.)
If that does not work then you will need to contact a dealer or Becker. Becker charges to look up your code and some dealers do too.

My code was 1 higher, then what the code gen gave me, so try a few numbers above and a few numbers below, if that does not worl, then its' 1 of those you have to call Becker on, I had to do that with 1 deck I have.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Battery dead, resesting stereo