996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Key fob stopped working (I replaced the key battery)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
When pressing the door lock/unlock button and the LED flashes but the car doesn't respond I was told to put the key in the door lock and turn the key two times. I don't recall now whether one is supposed to turn the key to the right two times or to the left two times. I tried this with one of my cars and it seemed to work. That is the car then recognized/reacted to the key lock/unlock button after doing this.

Oh, I remember now I turned it two times to the left to unlock the car as it was locked and the unlock wasn't working even though the key LED was flashing when I pressed the button.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by love2drive

By the way, does anyone know how to make the car beep when pressing the key fob unlock button.
Thanks!
Check out the product called "Remote Top", it does have that function.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:38 PM
lomax has much to be proud oflomax has much to be proud oflomax has much to be proud oflomax has much to be proud oflomax has much to be proud oflomax has much to be proud oflomax has much to be proud oflomax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Macster
When pressing the door lock/unlock button and the LED flashes but the car doesn't respond I was told to put the key in the door lock and turn the key two times. I don't recall now whether one is supposed to turn the key to the right two times or to the left two times. I tried this with one of my cars and it seemed to work. That is the car then recognized/reacted to the key lock/unlock button after doing this.

Oh, I remember now I turned it two times to the left to unlock the car as it was locked and the unlock wasn't working even though the key LED was flashing when I pressed the button.
Just to chime in. I had a dead battery in one of my keys and did just what is said above. Replaced the battery, put in the door lock and turned twice to the left. The unlock would then work. Put it back in and turned twice to the right and then the lock started working. Weird stuff going on here.

Oh Hi by the way. New 1999 996 C4 owner in Colorado.

Marc