996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Time for Some Body Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Mclarenracer22 is on a distinguished road
If any of you guys want to do some serious modifications, look at Wicked Porsches out of North Hollywood California. THey do some amazing work, they are doing some work on my car right now.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by blazinkn1ght
hi, was curious on your progress. how hard is it to install the bumpers, and decklid? im a newbie; seems like the sales instructions say it is pretty easy just wondering. thanks.also would the unpainted parts be easy to add a wrap instead of paiting; im considering a matte silver wrap the entire car.

any with experiences can chime thanks.
It's going good. Couple more things sent out yesterday from Precision and I'm hoping for my side skirts shortly after the holidays.

I'm looking into wrapping the car as well since I'm getting close to $4k quotes for paint. I may wrap it myself.

Yes, myself. Before everyone goes crazy, I'm not new to cars and such silly things so a roll of wrap and a few weekends for about $600-800 sounds ok to me.

Thinking matte white. We'll see...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 12-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Mclarenracer22 is on a distinguished road
Surprisingly its taking longer than expected. They installed turbo bumper today, but faced a hiccup, turbo bumper exhaust Outlets don't match up, a simple mod will fix it. I went with a wicked Porsche gt2 wing. The way I see it, go for the be$t!

Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mclarenracer22
If any of you guys want to do some serious modifications, look at Wicked Porsches out of North Hollywood California. THey do some amazing work, they are doing some work on my car right now.
Serious modifications? Haha, I've changed almost every body panel on this *****...

Oh and not to mention the Turbo brake upgrade, suspension, transmission and shifter mods, supercharger, exhaust... haha. Oh yes, and all installed myself.

Cheer
Aaron

Old 12-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mclarenracer22
Surprisingly its taking longer than expected. They installed turbo bumper today, but faced a hiccup, turbo bumper exhaust Outlets don't match up, a simple mod will fix it. I went with a wicked Porsche gt2 wing. The way I see it, go for the be$t!
Cool, post pics.

A

Old 09-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Been on pause with this project as I've been pretty swamped with my MBA studies, work, etc, etc...

Anyways, it was home renos this weekend or get some work on the car done. I chose the latter and went after the Turbo scoops.

I know someone that wrecks exotics and he had a 997 Turbo that was wrecked beyond belief. Anyways, he took out the internal polyurethane ducts in the rear quarters and I cut them to fit inside my quarters so that when you look inside the duct/rear quarter, it looks more factory when you look inside the duct versus just viewing the interior of the rear panels.

Cheers
Aaron

Attached Images   

Last edited by Purplxd; 09-02-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Next I'm going to go after the new rocker panel installation then get it outside to do a much needed wash and clean out the garage.

I have matte navy blue metallic vinyl showing up at the end of the month. It was on backorder as it it a new color from Oracal. Should look good as it will match the door jams, etc

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-03-2012, 01:48 AM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
That looks awesome!! Good stuff!

I was also considering doing this as well!
How will you keep the vent in place?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Epoxy glue. The tape was there to make sure it was held in place tightly. I also put magnets I have for doing vinyl on the tape so it wouldn't lift at all.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Some pictures without tape after the epoxy cured.

Cheers
Aaron

Attached Images    
Old 09-03-2012, 03:23 PM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
Nice!!

Where did you get ur side vents from?

Old 09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Everything is from Precision Porsche. Great fit and Tony is a really good guy for support, etc.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Saibot is on a distinguished road
still have ur oem rear bumper?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Nope, sold it. All of the original body parts are gone except for the 2001 side mirrors (I changed them for 997 mirrors).

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Can't wait to see the finished product!

We should go for a cruise once your car is done and if you have the time of course!!

Im ordering the vents tooooo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time for Some Body Upgrades