996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!

OK OK....I know everyone has been waiting for these for a long time !!!

I have the first set in the country , and will try to be a US distributor !!

fitment is pretty good , they are NOT OEM !!

They also do not come with HID, nor will your factory xenon bulbs work, but i was able to splice some wires and ad a HID kit in them .

I will be making an order for the guys on the forum, and have them here in Chicago for pick up or i will ship them to you .

i will also install HID kits so you can just plug them in for anyone who would like them , otherwise they have H1 bulbs from the manufacture

here are some pix, and a video clip.

any questions please ask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAQWNaBMEGc

Name:  photo12.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  photo32.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  photo42.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  photo52.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  photo1-1.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  40.6 KB

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  46.4 KB

Old 10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Dude we need a price and when we can get these asap....they look good

Old 10-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by geetee
Dude we need a price and when we can get these asap....they look good
working on it now , and if i can get at least 10 guys, ill make a group buy !! so you #1 on the list....let me know whos down !!!

Old 10-24-2011, 08:38 PM
DCGearhead29 is on a distinguished road
These look awesome- keep me in the loop.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Thklinge can only hope to improve
How's the fit and finish? And can you disable the six leds around the near-beam projector lamps? They look butt ugly. Like how the DRL-lights fade on after you use the indicators...

Anyways, if they are a direct and nice fit: I'm down for a pair.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Thklinge
How's the fit and finish? And can you disable the six leds around the near-beam projector lamps? They look butt ugly. Like how the DRL-lights fade on after you use the indicators...

Fit and finish are pretty good , same as Led tails , you can't disable any of the LEDs , the switchback led for the DRL and Turnnsignal is badass , they look sick when they fade back on , these look great and I think they were deff worth the wait , only thing that is bad is that they are not HID, and they are not set up for it , meaning you have to cut wires and make new connectors for the light to have the HID kit installed

Old 10-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Thklinge

+1

They didn't need to add those additional LEDs around the projectors... they make it look a little "ricer" for me. The lower LEDs look great.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
+1

They didn't need to add those additional LEDs around the projectors... they make it look a little "ricer" for me. The lower LEDs look great.
its hard to tell in pix...but it looks great when all the LEDs are on ...plus when the headlights are on at night , u dont really notice the 6 around the projector

Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
+1

my thoughts exactly....you can always clip them wires & see what happen.......other than that, they look great....

Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I'm sure you can add an aftermarket HID kit to it just like you would to the stock halogen headlights. The biggest problem with the stock halogen was the lens. These have the projector lens so I don't see it being an issue.
Do you have a ballpark price range? How long does it take to ship?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by geetee
I'm sure you can add an aftermarket HID kit to it just like you would to the stock halogen headlights. The biggest problem with the stock halogen was the lens. These have the projector lens so I don't see it being an issue.
Do you have a ballpark price range? How long does it take to ship?

I added the HID kit, and it's not as simple as the stock lights , they don't just plug in , u have to cut the wires and add new connectors , then cut a hole in the back for the kit to go through to connect to the ballast, working on price , there gonna be around the 1000-1250 range , shipped , and depending if you want HIDs installed . Also i has these expressed air mailed from tawain they shipped them friday and I recieve today monday , but that shipping was 180$

Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Thklinge can only hope to improve
The leds around the projectors are probably easier to disable than the equally stupid sidelights on the LED rears (they're not even street legal in Europe). Installing HID is not exactly plug and play, but shouldn't be rocket science either. Installing aftermarket HIDs in the halogen headlights is just plain stupid. There's enough Xenon-Terrorists on the roads already. But these use projectors like the Litronic ones from Porsche. The focal point is probably made for halogen bulbs, not Xenon, so it won't be perfect, but probably just fine. Is electronic height adjustment possible? Also, what bulb type is used for the highs and lows in these, and when are you ready to take my money?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 AM
RobbC will become famous soon enoughRobbC will become famous soon enough
I am in if the price is right! Need to get rid of stock/faded front headlights. Hard to see at night!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
+1

its hard to tell in pix...but it looks great when all the LEDs are on ...plus when the headlights are on at night , u dont really notice the 6 around the projector
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I'd like to see them in person.

Does your supplier plan to make them for MK II cars? I'm not sure if I'd buy them, but I'm curious...

Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 AM
GoAirforce84 will become famous soon enoughGoAirforce84 will become famous soon enough
Interested! Pricing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!