996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Adding LED DRL's to 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Thanks, your car looks great!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
adan911 will become famous soon enoughadan911 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Thanks Bill..

Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 AM
mikegr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by adan911
Thanks Bill..
Where did you get the light covers? Do these leds fit to 4s bumper?

Old 01-27-2012, 05:02 AM
adan911 will become famous soon enoughadan911 will become famous soon enough
@ Mikegr I got my lights painted (No covers) and I'm sure the LED'S fit any bumper the has slots in between...

Old 01-27-2012, 05:25 AM
mikegr is on a distinguished road
Painted... interesting...

Old 01-27-2012, 02:37 PM
DRKNGHT will become famous soon enoughDRKNGHT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by adan911
Here's a pic of mines, they fitted perfected and they look great ( very bright).

WOW! that is the look I am going for.. please post the details of those when you get a chance!!

Old 01-27-2012, 03:43 PM
artcollinsjr is on a distinguished road
Make sure they are bright..dim ones are cheezy

Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 PM
sdiamond911 is on a distinguished road
I have a question too. I installed the DRL's in my '01 996 and they are nice, etc. Here's the problem. The Xenon headlights are great, the DRL's are great, but the parking light and side markers and weak and yellow. Any ideas on how to brighten up the parking bulb and maybe or maybe not needed side markers? Put the clear sides on already with the OEM white bulb

Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Anyone ever find out where he got these? They look sick, exactly the look I am going for!

Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 AM
balefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nice
Originally Posted by sdiamond911
I have a question too. I installed the DRL's in my '01 996 and they are nice, etc. Here's the problem. The Xenon headlights are great, the DRL's are great, but the parking light and side markers and weak and yellow. Any ideas on how to brighten up the parking bulb and maybe or maybe not needed side markers? Put the clear sides on already with the OEM white bulb
considering adding LED DRLs.
any pics of yours?

Originally Posted by sdiamond911
Went on Superbrightled looking for a side marker light and found more information. To save others the search here are the 'brightest' 996 offers

Back-Up Light 1156-CW45-T $24.95
Fog Lamps H3-XHP9 $12
Front Side Marker; Parking light; Step Courtesy light
WLED-xWHIP15 TAC $7
Front Turn Signal 1156-x45-T $25
High Mount Stops XHP15-T $17
Rear Turn Sugnal BAU155-X18-T $18
Stop Light/Tail Light 1157-X45-T $25
Cargo/Under Hood 4410-AHP12-DI $9

These were all under search for '01 911.
any pics of these also?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
sdiamond911 is on a distinguished road
i'll try to put up some pictures tomorrow The DRL's were purchased through ebay "lightupfoto.com" they are approximately 12" long and bright white. I wanted for the 996 something that would take up most of the top space in the front bumper. Easy to install and look nice connected them to the parking light wiring so they go on and off together. Also went on to change the festoon bulb in the center overhead light and the two door bulbs. These went blue LED and I left the two small map lights on either side white just in case I actually have to see something! These came from Porscheled.com The side markers I changed to LED also to match the white coloring. I think I'm done but we never are....... There are new 997T wheels coming and I'm looking into illuminated door sills but haven't found anything to my liking yet. Suggestions welcome

Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 AM
sirschwag will become famous soon enough
The best I've seen are the new(er) Philips Daylight 8, they use the new Rebel technology (and also dim), these are same tech as used on Mercedes. If you go to Philips UK site you can see a lot of details. I bought mine on Amazon last month and just installed in the top part of the bumper opening. Removed the bumper for a good radiator cleaning and easier install. Very impressed with the lights, super bright and they blend in when off due to small size and black surround and clear lens!

Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sirschwag
The best I've seen are the new(er) Philips Daylight 8, they use the new Rebel technology (and also dim), these are same tech as used on Mercedes. If you go to Philips UK site you can see a lot of details. I bought mine on Amazon last month and just installed in the top part of the bumper opening. Removed the bumper for a good radiator cleaning and easier install. Very impressed with the lights, super bright and they blend in when off due to small size and black surround and clear lens!
Can you provide photos?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 PM
sirschwag will become famous soon enough
Unfortunately we got snow over the weekend, so I couldn't back the car out. I'll post pictures soon., but wow are the Philips ones bright! It's cool they dim when you turn the parking lights on too, however I wired the switch to the headlights so I can drive at dusk with full bright LEDs! One note is that I wired the + of the LEDs to ignition-switched wire, otherwise they come on randomly when using battery tender since they operate with the auto-start technology. Will post pics soon

Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by sirschwag
Unfortunately we got snow over the weekend, so I couldn't back the car out. I'll post pictures soon., but wow are the Philips ones bright! It's cool they dim when you turn the parking lights on too, however I wired the switch to the headlights so I can drive at dusk with full bright LEDs! One note is that I wired the + of the LEDs to ignition-switched wire, otherwise they come on randomly when using battery tender since they operate with the auto-start technology. Will post pics soon

WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!!!! I can not decide which LEDs to buy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Adding LED DRL's to 996