996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Headers 98-04 Porsche 911 996 Carrera/GT3 Are you familiar with this brand? P

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Franco67 is on a distinguished road
Hey JW996, Yes you can definitely feel more power specially going onto the second gear, seems like the car breaths so much better. Also sounds a little deeper but not so loud. The other thing that I was a little concern about was the check engine light, but didn't have no issues with that because we didn't touch the cats, overall I am very happy with the investment, and I am keeping the old headers just if in case I run into problems trying to smog the car next year.

Cheers

Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM
JW996 has a spectacular aura aboutJW996 has a spectacular aura aboutJW996 has a spectacular aura about
Curious where you bought for $299? thx

Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah no worries, knowlege is power. I am sure they wouldn't mine doing more bussines. Vivid Racing, here is a copy of my invoice and the person I dealt with. I hope that they still could find a set for you. Please let me know if you they do and if you get them install.
Good luck and trust me it took me weeks of research before I decided to do this specially because of the price and issue with the check engine light.

Tracking Information
ProductCodeQtyList PriceSchnell Performance Basic Headers Porsche 996 CarreraSBHBASIC1.000299.000ShippingShipping1.00030 .000

We truly appreciate your business,

Ahmed Y Sulfab
Vivid Racing
Tel: 4809663040 x231
Email: ahmed@vividracing.com

Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely. The engineers at Porsche don't leave much on the table.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:31 AM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
OBX is a very cheap company. They make parts for honda's and acura's. They don't test their parts. You won't know what you will get for power output. Go with Fabspeed. I have Fabspeed headers and exhaust with the bipass. Sounds mean and gives you a little more HP and tourque. It's expensive but, well worth it's money.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Nine_Eleven is on a distinguished road
The question is did it gain or lose hp?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 AM
imola s4 will become famous soon enough
The ebay headers are the same design as Fabspeed's. Let's be real here, this is an exhaust. It's not a precision part. If some random ebay company designed their own set of headers, I can understand the questions. But they didn't, they literally copied Fabspeed's design and called it their own.

I know someone with the ebay headers and we compared them to a set from Fabspeed. You get the same exact item without the fabspeed logo welded on. So you go ahead and buy your self $1700 fabspeed headers. The only difference is that I'll be $1500 richer!

Those schnell headers though, totally different design. They look nice. I'd be interested in seeing a comparison on the same car, same dyno.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:08 PM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
threads getting old but can anyone follow-up on their experiences with after market headers. more power or loss of power?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 PM
I don't have any dyno results. But I definitely feel a faster response and more power, in between gears at a higher RPM's with a sporty sound. I was hesitant to change them at the begining and I jumped the gun and did it. And YES I would recomend it, hands down!

Old 01-25-2015, 10:14 PM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
I put the ebay headers on my C2 and the motor revs up quicker with a different exhaust note. Car feels fast before and after ebay headers.
If it added or shifted the power band I don't think I could honestly tell when you are already at 300hp. 10 here or there is not going to make a difference.

I just satisfied the need to add a new part.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:16 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
I agree.......

Originally Posted by buzzm
i researched for a while and it seems the general concesnus was that the stock headers are very good and you wont see any benefits with aftermarket, whether combined with exhaust or not

iirc

Old 07-20-2016, 08:00 AM
MoeMonney will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by imola s4
The ebay headers are the same design as Fabspeed's. Let's be real here, this is an exhaust. It's not a precision part. If some random ebay company designed their own set of headers, I can understand the questions. But they didn't, they literally copied Fabspeed's design and called it their own.

I know someone with the ebay headers and we compared them to a set from Fabspeed. You get the same exact item without the fabspeed logo welded on. So you go ahead and buy your self $1700 fabspeed headers. The only difference is that I'll be $1500 richer!

Those schnell headers though, totally different design. They look nice. I'd be interested in seeing a comparison on the same car, same dyno.
Agreed. I bought the eBay headers since they are identical copies of the fabspeed headers and fab speed supposedly makes dyno proven designs. Thought it would be worth the gamble for the 122 dollars I payed for them. I'll keep you guys updated.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:22 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
They may look similiar but they are b grade rejects at best and not 100% identical.

If you actually hold one next to each other, you will be able to tell. Also if you try to install them back to back, you'll also be able to tell. Look inside, you'll also be able to tell. Run it through a few winters and you will be able to tell. Copies these days might've gotten slightly better so power wise, the gap might be close.

Do I think Fabspeed is priced high? Yes. Do I think they have a quality product? Yes. But you have to pay for quality and some may disagree how much that should be.

I'm in no way affiliated with Fabspeed but have ran their products before. I no longer have any Fabspeed in my arsenal currently though.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:28 PM
I am very happy with the final product and sound, have not dyno the car. but regardless I feel that it was worth it. Thanks for bringing this old post from the past LOL

Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2016, 06:33 AM
RANGERRICK is an unknown quantity at this point
My son made this very same mistake, I purchase a set of Headers on ebay for 300$ and they cause all sort of issues in my Targa (he is using one my 996 currently) so we switched back to OEM, problem gone. For me, I stick with FABSPEED, great service, great product, zero issues.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headers 98-04 Porsche 911 996 Carrera/GT3 Are you familiar with this brand? P