996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
We love customer submitted photos. Enjoy sir!

Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light

Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
LC996 is on a distinguished road
Please PM a price (2001 996 Carrera 4) and does the price per set include the secuity bolts as well?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 AM
BrokeLink is on a distinguished road
Smile Tikore, security lug, review

Ok, I was an early adopter of TiKore lug bolts. Yes they cost a lot for what they do, but oem Porsche bolts always rust, and if you figure you've already laid out thousands for a nice paint job, thousands more for wheels, and hundreds for car care products, doing something to permanently improve the appearance of your car for $600 is not so unreasonable. It is not like they wear out, or even that they would likely be destroyed in a wreck. So it is a long term investment in appearance and a minor loss of unsprung wt for performance. And while stainless bolts would achieve the former, they save no wt and are actually weaker than oem by a large enough factor to make me uncomfortable. After all, they are not holding on the radio antenna, its what holds the WHEELS in place while I explore the handling limits of my car.
Recently I bought the security nuts to go with them, to slow down the amateur thieves if I have to park in a sketchy area.
Review: 1) the regular lug bolts and security bolts are both milled beautifully, as is the security key itself 2) fit is good, floating captive shoulder of the bolt works as it should 3)while there is no rust, there is a slight uneven tarnish that has developed on the original bolts. I suspect this is why they offer a new peened finish. The tarnish is not bad and you must be close to see it, still looks much better than rust, just not new. 4) the new security bolts were advertised as being wt-identical to the regular bolts. Maybe this is true now, but my originals weigh 68g on my scale, while the security bolts are a svelte 60g. Not a huge difference, but irritating given the claim of equivalence. 5) they all seem slightly loose in the socket compared to the oem lugs, but the security bolt adaptor seems more so. Maybe my new socket is just a bit off on the large side, haven't tested with other sockets yet, it is certainly not bad enough to induce any slippage or rounding off. 6) don't kid yourself about the the security lugs--any serious thief will know how to pound a low-grade deep socket onto the lug and spin it off. Fortunately most thieves are not serious, and if they are, they will probably ****** your whole ride anyhow, so consider security lugs as thwarting the jokers looking for crack money.
Summary: not perfect, but very good. Probably worth the money only if you want max performance and have already done everything else to optimize/lighten your car, or you plan to keep and maintain it for more than 10yrs, or your blessed to have more maintenance money than maintenance time, (and don't want to worry about your friggin wheel coming off). Hope this helps someone decide.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by BrokeLink
Ok, I was an early adopter of TiKore lug bolts. Yes they cost a lot for what they do, but oem Porsche bolts always rust, and if you figure you've already laid out thousands for a nice paint job, thousands more for wheels, and hundreds for car care products, doing something to permanently improve the appearance of your car for $600 is not so unreasonable. It is not like they wear out, or even that they would likely be destroyed in a wreck. So it is a long term investment in appearance and a minor loss of unsprung wt for performance. And while stainless bolts would achieve the former, they save no wt and are actually weaker than oem by a large enough factor to make me uncomfortable. After all, they are not holding on the radio antenna, its what holds the WHEELS in place while I explore the handling limits of my car.
Recently I bought the security nuts to go with them, to slow down the amateur thieves if I have to park in a sketchy area.
Review: 1) the regular lug bolts and security bolts are both milled beautifully, as is the security key itself 2) fit is good, floating captive shoulder of the bolt works as it should 3)while there is no rust, there is a slight uneven tarnish that has developed on the original bolts. I suspect this is why they offer a new peened finish. The tarnish is not bad and you must be close to see it, still looks much better than rust, just not new. 4) the new security bolts were advertised as being wt-identical to the regular bolts. Maybe this is true now, but my originals weigh 68g on my scale, while the security bolts are a svelte 60g. Not a huge difference, but irritating given the claim of equivalence. 5) they all seem slightly loose in the socket compared to the oem lugs, but the security bolt adaptor seems more so. Maybe my new socket is just a bit off on the large side, haven't tested with other sockets yet, it is certainly not bad enough to induce any slippage or rounding off. 6) don't kid yourself about the the security lugs--any serious thief will know how to pound a low-grade deep socket onto the lug and spin it off. Fortunately most thieves are not serious, and if they are, they will probably ****** your whole ride anyhow, so consider security lugs as thwarting the jokers looking for crack money.
Summary: not perfect, but very good. Probably worth the money only if you want max performance and have already done everything else to optimize/lighten your car, or you plan to keep and maintain it for more than 10yrs, or your blessed to have more maintenance money than maintenance time, (and don't want to worry about your friggin wheel coming off). Hope this helps someone decide.
Thank you for your review of our titanium product. Just to note, you most likely have our first manufacturing version of the 2-piece Security bolt that was slightly larger than the standard bolt. Otherwise, we appreciate your honest words and are glad you enjoy our product.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
Custom Lug applications made here at TiKORE. Here is a M12x1.5 R12 Ball Seat titanium lug bolt.

Last edited by TiKORE; 01-09-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Basic Sponsor

Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Single-piece titanium Porsche lug bolts. All threads are rolled for superior strength and wear rear resistance.

Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Basic Sponsor

Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Basic Sponsor

Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Basic Sponsor
Testing Carbon wheels + Ti lugs in the snow

Here are some shots taken of the Carbon Revolution team testing a 996 out in wintry conditions. The great benefit of carbon fiber wheels and titanium lug bolts is the resistance for corrosion!

For a limited time, we are offering a $1,200 discount along with a FREE titanium hardware upgrade ($800) with the purchase of a set of the single piece carbon fiber wheels through us here on 6speedonline!

Contact CFallon@tikore.com for fitment on your vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche1_zpsa540b76a.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	301634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche3_zps96d9828d.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	301635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche4_zpsb761e691.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	301636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche6_zpsbd44ae75.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	301637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche7_zpsea5c90f5.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	301638  

Old 11-15-2013, 11:57 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
starting to sound like a INFOMERCIAL

Old 02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
Before: OEM steel Porsche lug bolts (corroded)

After: TiKORE titanium lug bolts installed #pureautomotivejewelry
*Titanium has an extremely high resistance for corrosion

Name:	Before_zpsd2479b02.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	328713   Click image for larger version

Name:	After_tikore_zpse18ccd64.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	328714  
Old 04-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
#WELUGWHEELS

TiKORE titanium 2-piece lug bolts bolting on a set of ADV.1 wheels completing this Porsche.

Available for all makes and models.

http://store.tikore.com/porsche/

Name:	adv1white-goldpcar16_zpsbae9c79f.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	354374   Click image for larger version

Name:	adv1white-goldpcar15_zpsd30bdb59.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	354375   Click image for larger version

Name:	adv1white-goldpcar7_zpsa1530e00.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	354376   Click image for larger version

Name:	adv1white-goldpcar8_zpsd991f0d9.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	354377   Click image for larger version

Name:	adv1white-goldpcar19_960_zps5fe9481b.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	354378  

Click image for larger version

Name:	adv1white-goldpcar11_zpsc4221224.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	354379   Click image for larger version

Name:	adv1white-goldpcar5_zps4628d7a8.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	354380  
Old 04-02-2014, 02:45 PM
dans911 is on a distinguished road
I'm almost convinced. Do you have any pictures of the bolts and cars with them?

Last edited by dans911; 04-02-2014 at 03:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts