996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

TiKORE Titanium Security Bolts
Hey everyone, we are new site sponsors and wanted to introduce ourselves. TiKORE Industries (pronounced Tie-Core) was established in 2010 to serve the needs of the aftermarket automotive industry. TiKORE designs, engineers, and manufactures titanium and other alloy products at its headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale, FL (USA).

We offer titanium lug bolts (security and none security) and titanium lug nuts for all brands of vehicles (custom sets as well for those folks running spacers).

Please note we roll all of our threads, manufacture the bolts in house and all of our titanium bolts are crafted from grade 5 certified titanium bar stock.
Weight savings, titanium is approx. 45% lighter than steel components.

In regards to our Porsche bolts the weight savings are slightly different as Porsche uses an aluminum ball seat, thus lighter weight in that area, but risk of wearing down the seat and oxidization of the aluminum. These bolts offer weight savings and an escape from the weathering that we all see from Porsche lug bolts.

The weight of the factory Porsche set is 4.11 lbs. The weight of the TiKORE set is 3.00 lbs.
TiKORE Engineering note, we made sure the security bolt and the regular bolt weigh the same.

Titanium Facts
Grade 5 6AL-4V Titanium (Tikore's preferred material)
Yield Strength: 128,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 138,000psi
Shear Strength: 79,800psi
Density: .160 lb/in^3

Regards,
Joshua

Attached Images      

Last edited by TiKORE; 05-31-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
For anyone running spacers, TiKORE can manufacture special orders. Let us know if you require lengths over OEM.

Thanks
Joshua

Old 08-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Basic Sponsor

a 1,000hp 996 ... who are you going to trust with all that power > TiKORE!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:42 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, I'll throw you the easy one. I've never broken a lug nut, and never thought I needed "special" lug nuts, let alone Titanium. Tell me (us really) why we need new lug nuts (other than the stock ones rust and get funky).
Thanks.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
MiamiC70 is on a distinguished road
You save 1.11 lb

Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiamiC70
You save 1.11 lb
Hmmm. No answer from them. If I want to save a pound, I'll remove my spare or .... rear seats.... or..... I'm hoping they have a better answer than 1 pound savings per hundreds of dollars spent.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
We definitely understand that these lug bolts are not for everyone. And you are correct that the weight savings is minimal, but it is un-sprung weight.

The number one advantage for the Porsche community is the ability of titanium to resist corrosion. The weight savings is an additional perk. Keep the great questions coming . Thanks!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by denversteve
Hmmm. No answer from them. If I want to save a pound, I'll remove my spare or .... rear seats....
Too much work, just take a crap before you go out driving.

I think these lugnuts are more for the people that have or want it all and for bragging rights. These lugnuts are definitely marketed in the right market segment IMO.

There's only a few other car marquees where people are willing to spend thousands of dollars on a friggin spoiler or hundreds of dollars on shift ***** or exhaust tips.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Basic Sponsor

From raw material to a finished product, with the option of a matte bead blasted finish.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Basic Sponsor

Customer photo of his TiKORE lugs.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Basic Sponsor

Custom Security Bolt.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Basic Sponsor

Standard | Security

Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Basic Sponsor

Titanium TiKORE standard 2-piece lug bolts. Replace your OEM lugs today!

Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Basic Sponsor

Porsche
R12 Ball Seat
M12x1.5
27mm length
17mm hex head short

Last edited by TiKORE; 09-18-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I think they would be a nice upgrade for a set of aftermarket wheels. I hate the fact that the OEM lug bolts get rusty and look like crap after a few years...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts