996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My GT3TEK Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:34 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
did you open the boxes to see how it looked as far as defects?
ty
david

Old 04-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Tanner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
did you open the boxes to see how it looked as far as defects?
ty
david
I opened it at the body shop and the painter looked at it. There was a groove in it that caused me some concern. He said maybe he could get it out with heat lamps or something like that. I'm more concerned about my Fabspeed quad style tips may not fit but we'll see. Gonna take a measurement in the morning when I drop off the car. I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:33 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
I had the gt3tek bumper and main complaint was they didn't cut the license light holes correctly. Took forrrreever to get right. I recommended they change it but didn't have any wavy lines. I know the paint shop wasn't happy about the shipment but it turned out fine after applying heat. I'm sure they didn't want to do any work besides paint.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:27 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tanner
I ordered the Prior Design Freestyle bumper 8 weeks ago for my 04 996 and they finally came in. Off to the bodyshop in the morning. I'll let you know how they do.
I also had ordered a Prior Design rear bumper and fitment was PERFECT, however i only got to fit it on the car, then sold the car 2 days later so cancelled the project & sold the bumper- Can't wait to actually see a fully done & painted one...for some reason there are none on the forums

Old 04-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tarek307
I also had ordered a Prior Design rear bumper and fitment was PERFECT, however i only got to fit it on the car, then sold the car 2 days later so cancelled the project & sold the bumper- Can't wait to actually see a fully done & painted one...for some reason there are none on the forums
Mine should be ready by Wednesday. I took a pic of the pre fit but am so ready to see it in Polar Silver. Stay tuned.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Mine should be ready by Wednesday. I took a pic of the pre fit but am so ready to see it in Polar Silver. Stay tuned.
i'm tuned in, waiting!

Old 04-17-2015, 04:16 AM

i'm tuned in, waiting!
There needs to be some modifications done for the bumper covers because the Prior Design bumper is not like the 996 original bumper.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:26 PM

There needs to be some modifications done for the bumper covers because the Prior Design bumper is not like the 996 original bumper.
Yes, i think there is an extra hole or something they needed to patch up and close on the one i got- but it was an easy quick job

Here is the THREAD with PICTURES of mine installed- i think the hole was to the right of the license plate area that they needed to fill in https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-review.html

Last edited by Tarek307; 04-17-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:11 PM

Yes, i think there is an extra hole or something they needed to patch up and close on the one i got- but it was an easy quick job

Here is the THREAD with PICTURES of mine installed- i think the hole was to the right of the license plate area that they needed to fill in https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-review.html
The bumper cover , that I'm wanting to keep on both sides of the plate would be in front of the tow hook opening. There are no cutouts on the Prior Design and the tow hook access is behind the license plate on my 04 996. I think without the bumper covers, the distance from the sides to the license will be too much ( to me ). Check the poi and please let me know if you think I have other options. Am also having Speedster Style humps done at same time......Thanks.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:00 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
The bumper cover , that I'm wanting to keep on both sides of the plate would be in front of the tow hook opening. There are no cutouts on the Prior Design and the tow hook access is behind the license plate on my 04 996. I think without the bumper covers, the distance from the sides to the license will be too much ( to me ). Check the poi and please let me know if you think I have other options. Am also having Speedster Style humps done at same time......Thanks.
The Prior bumper along with a few others are "Euro style" meaning they are European market for the wider Euro plates.

Just like US guys like to swap out pumpkins for the clear indicators, there are quite a few that wanna complete the Euro look with US bumper deletes. Yes these are only put on for us dumb Americans due to DOT and all the other stupid legislation that comes through.

Personally I like cleaner look without the US bumperettes.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Installed Prior Design rear bumper completed

Just a quick pic of the painted bumper. Review coming soon.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:51 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
look nice. ^^^
don't mean to rough any feathers, but you'r hijacking OP's thread

Last edited by MkC2S; 04-24-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Bro, come on, just 1 crappy pic??? make a thread with some good pics from different angles please!!! lol

Old 04-25-2015, 07:21 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Looks Outstanding!!

Old 04-27-2015, 07:12 AM
Franco67 is on a distinguished road
I have mine done and I am very happy with the results. Here are a few pictures before and after. Hope you guys like it.

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GT3TEK Review