996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Headlight adjust tool

Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Snowball350 is on a distinguished road
Headlight adjust tool

for some reason the hex tool to adjust my headlights up or down is missing from my tool kit. Anyone know where I can buy one ? thanks.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
We should be able to get the headlamp adjustment tool your looking for. For more information Click Here

Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Snowball350
for some reason the hex tool to adjust my headlights up or down is missing from my tool kit. Anyone know where I can buy one ? thanks.
There is no adjusting the headlights. The tool you're referring to is used only to remove and reinstall the headlights.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Snowball350 is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure the lights can be adjusted, it's detailed in the instruction manual. Anyone else have any information on this ?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
tool is for removal

Old 10-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
I know that mine are auto leveling....cause I broke the piece that controls it and had to replace.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Snowball350
If you have the Litronic headlights they're self adjusting. If not the tool is used for removing the headlight assembly and for adjusting. Here are instructions for adjusting that I received from the service manager of my local dealer.

"
Hello,
Thank You for your email request. The first question is---do you have litronic lamps or standard h4 style. As for your adjustments---top(a) is for lateral adjustment,below (b) is height and lateral adjustment,front (c) is for fog lamps only---a and b must be adjusted togeather and the same amount of turns---if you have litronic lamps,be sure to watch adjustment movement---We have seen light adjustment come off the ball socket---if questions call me
Thanks,Dave"

Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Pors-Vette
If you have the Litronic headlights they're self adjusting. If not the tool is used for removing the headlight assembly and for adjusting. Here are instructions for adjusting that I received from the service manager of my local dealer.

"
Hello,
Thank You for your email request. The first question is---do you have litronic lamps or standard h4 style. As for your adjustments---top(a) is for lateral adjustment,below (b) is height and lateral adjustment,front (c) is for fog lamps only---a and b must be adjusted togeather and the same amount of turns---if you have litronic lamps,be sure to watch adjustment movement---We have seen light adjustment come off the ball socket---if questions call me
Thanks,Dave"
Is there a picture that goes with this?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
The dealer didn't send me photo instructions but if you open the trunk lid, remove the covers on each side. You'll see something like this. The 2 rubber covers are the adjustment sites.

Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
The special adjustment tool is... a Phillips screwdriver. It has to be pretty long and you do access through the little rubber tabs shown above.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Slider
The special adjustment tool is... a Phillips screwdriver. It has to be pretty long and you do access through the little rubber tabs shown above.
I had to buy a 6"-8" long Allen wrench. Mine didn't have Phillips screws for adjusting.