996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Conversion TIME 996--->997/996 Turbo Facelift

Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Holdem will become famous soon enough
PHP Code:
Do you have any more pics of the rear bumperAlso what is your opinion  on the fitmentI know people bend the ends in to fit but I assume the  rear middle will be somewhat bowed out and not fully seated against the  inner bumper beam
I pulled mine forward about a half inch into the wheel well area. No "bowed out" issues. Had to drill/bolt new locations for the turbo bumperette mounts. The plan is to cut, plastic weld & mold the the front corners of the bumper protruding into the wheel well. Pics on the way!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Fixed wing for 996 turbo decklid was my choice since I wanted to keep the stock airbox.
Great idea! Looks outstanding. The Turbo deck lids/wing assemblies are easier to find and coming down in $$$. Nice OEM upgrade.

You mentioned in your other post that you did not cut/trim the top, did you have to trim the sides? Do you have any close up pics of your customized latch setup?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:26 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Holdem
Great idea! Looks outstanding. The Turbo deck lids/wing assemblies are easier to find and coming down in $$$. Nice OEM upgrade.

You mentioned in your other post that you did not cut/trim the top, did you have to trim the sides? Do you have any close up pics of your customized latch setup?
The sides didn't need any trimming in my application but the hinges did. I think you need to test fit your decklid to understand the trim needs. Latch was L brackets secured through the layers of fiberglass adjusted to hold the stock strike-plate. I can take one soon.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:27 AM
shyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! The conversion looks very good. I've been thinking abt a conversion for my 99 996 as well. Been on the sitting on the fence for ages regarding it though.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 AM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
nice

Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM
pmalik is on a distinguished road
Out of commission due to a serious back injury, just recently got back on my feet. Currently driving!

Car progress is as follows;
-Fenders welded in place and fitted.
-Hood in place
-Headlights in place and rewired using existing plug
-Side markers
-Front Bumper fitted with LED's, Fogs, & Grills
-996 Turbo rear bumper in place
-c4s exhaust pipes and tips

To be completed
-Turbo 996 rear decklid OEM with hydraulics
-Turbo 997 rear Wing OEM (larger, wider than 996)
-Turbo 997 mirrors
-GT2 Side skirts
-body/prep/paint stock silver

19" RPK-065 or Roderick RW5 wheels & 305/30 & 235/35's. Still undecided on the wheels. Open to suggestions/experiences/etc.

Included a few pics:
Awesome, totally the thing to do if you need to replace all of the front end

Old 07-29-2013, 01:18 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
If you don't mind me asking, what did the full conversion cost from start to end? Minus the rear parts.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Diesel117 is on a distinguished road
See:
996 TWIN TURBO TRUNK TO NARROW BODY C2 HOW TO FIT PORSCHE 911 TURBO WING TO NARROW BODY C2

at:

http://996trunk.blogspot.com/
So it is the bottom of the deck lid that gets cut/shaved down?

I was told it is the top end that is long. I am dying to add a spoiler to my C2 and the ones I like seem to always be made for the turbo.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:05 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what did the full conversion cost from start to end? Minus the rear parts.
A few thousand, saved buying and reselling additional parts (package deals) that I did not need. May cost 2 or 3 times that amount depending on how much you spend on parts and labor.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM
So it is the bottom of the deck lid that gets cut/shaved down?
I have been told it can be done two different ways. Cut bottom approximately 2" and the top 1/4". Or pull the deck down an est. 1/4" and cut the bottom only. I have not done either yet! I will post my experience with pulling down the deck lid and cutting the bottom only if possible.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:33 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
I cut only the bottom (about 2" strip or so) Take a few progressive cuts with test fit and using masking tape to draw your line to match the bumper curve. Play around with the hinges bolt down and to the decklid to get best fit.

Attached Images     

Last edited by B8_RDC; 03-25-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
I love the blue!!

Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Awesome job! I really admire people who can do this stuff.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:26 AM
yemni is on a distinguished road
nice progress, i bought my kit from the worrest kit seller ever (wicked motor works).after waitting one year for delivery they sent me dented/repaired hood ,blue color used front bumper ,dented repaired fenders, wrong gas tank lid and a lot of missing parts like (head light.wrong hood hings...etc
wicked motor works parts are all repaired junk yards parts.
i have two questions, i hope you are still availible :
1- what did you do to revise 996tt and use for 997tt head lights washer ?
2-how to connect the 997 fog lights into 996 tt head lights harness ?
thanks

Old 09-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by yemni
nice progress, i bought my kit from the worrest kit seller ever (wicked motor works).after waitting one year for delivery they sent me dented/repaired hood ,blue color used front bumper ,dented repaired fenders, wrong gas tank lid and a lot of missing parts like (head light.wrong hood hings...etc
wicked motor works parts are all repaired junk yards parts.
i have two questions, i hope you are still availible :
1- what did you do to revise 996tt and use for 997tt head lights washer ?
2-how to connect the 997 fog lights into 996 tt head lights harness ?
thanks

Some old details I had saved on the comp regarding the HL. Sorry to hear wicked is junk. I had an online disagreement with them and decided against talking to them again.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Conversion TIME 996--->997/996 Turbo Facelift