996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New to me 02 996 C2

Old 03-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Diemsea is on a distinguished road
New to me 02 996 C2

Wanted to post a couple pics of my new 996 which I got a week ago. I'm really excited as the car seems like its brand new. I got the IMS replaced this week by Akers in Seattle. The original bearing was fine but I needed the peace of mind. This forum was invaluable for me to learn about the 996 and help me make an informed purchase decision. Thanks everyone!

Attached Images    
Old 03-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Looks nice!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Fozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of light
Nice clean car. Good call on the IMS retrofit.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Congrats. I too am into my first week of ownership. Just got an oil change done and went through every single fold on the filter and not one speck of metal on it. Good job on the peace of mind with the IMS. I may do that later down the road, but being a Tip, it's kinda tough to do so...

Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Cool T has a spectacular aura aboutCool T has a spectacular aura aboutCool T has a spectacular aura about
Hey,.. I recognize that car:}

Glad to see she made it there with no problems-Enjoy!!

p.s. How do like the sound of that Fabspeed exhaust?

Old 03-26-2013, 06:08 AM
rockyfd is on a distinguished road
Congradulations and good luck,great to be aware of the potential problems and fixes for our vehicles, this site can be invaluable when it comes to that,that being sed it's also important to take some of the threads with a "grain of salt" the gloom and doom reported about IMS and the M96 engines are greatly over blown.im not sure of your situation,wether or not you needed this repair(was there a leak etc?)true you now can relax knowing the repair is complete.i guess my point is you may have jumped the gun based on the things you have red here about the infamous IMS issues,I can tell you that your going to love your new wheels! These cars are built very well and with the proper maintenance you will be enjoying for a long time.Now good luck and try not to catch the Porsche upgrade fever! That a slippery slope $$$$$$$$ hahaha.......

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	224381  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Cool T
Hey,.. I recognize that car:}

Glad to see she made it there with no problems-Enjoy!!

p.s. How do like the sound of that Fabspeed exhaust?

Cool T -- car is awesome! Exceeds my expectations. Fabspeed is great, really don't need a stereo with an exhaust note like that. Thx for everything!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by rockyfd
Congradulations and good luck,great to be aware of the potential problems and fixes for our vehicles, this site can be invaluable when it comes to that,that being sed it's also important to take some of the threads with a "grain of salt" the gloom and doom reported about IMS and the M96 engines are greatly over blown.im not sure of your situation,wether or not you needed this repair(was there a leak etc?)true you now can relax knowing the repair is complete.i guess my point is you may have jumped the gun based on the things you have red here about the infamous IMS issues,I can tell you that your going to love your new wheels! These cars are built very well and with the proper maintenance you will be enjoying for a long time.Now good luck and try not to catch the Porsche upgrade fever! That a slippery slope $$$$$$$$ hahaha.......
I realized the chance of the IMS failing on me was very small but for me, I viewed it as an insurance policy and its was worth the money so I don't have to worry about it. I'm the type who will maintain the car very well inside and out even though I'll be driving it hard and often. In terms of upgrades, I've got a few interior items in mind but not a lot. Thanks for the post.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:50 AM
xxaarraa is on a distinguished road
Nice clean car! Congratulations.

Did those early 2000 cars come with factory bluetooth? I can live without most of the modern conveniences (auto climate, nav, etc.), but bluetooth is a necessity these days.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:42 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
congrats on the car. 996 is a very good platform. enjoy it!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Dish911 is on a distinguished road
Nice ride, Akers is the best. Just did my IMS there also. Happy driving.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
This looks like a great find. Congrats & many happy miles!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Cruizer97 is on a distinguished road
enjoy it man....looks CLEAN!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 PM
BrunoCondello is on a distinguished road
Enjoy bro !!! Porsche love just keeps growing each time I put the key in !!! Congrats !!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
996_North is on a distinguished road
very nice enjoy it.