996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Member Intro, Tires, & Misc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:52 PM
ckchan21401 is on a distinguished road
New Member Intro, Tires, & Misc

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this forum for years now and found the information to be very useful and interesting, so I thought I'd finally sign up. I thought I'd start my first post with something that I found to be informative...

1) I've been doing HPDEs for several years now and just experienced my first DE this past weekend with a new set of MPSS. My first impressions of this tire are WOW these are great! They are a great compromise between a street and R-compound tire. I use my car mainly on weekends and track days only. It was even a bit difficult to break the tires loose on the skidpad. I highly recommend this tire for anyone who uses their car for dual purpose street/track.

2) I didn't know which camera to buy for HPDEs, so I thought I would post my experience with the new GoPro Hero 3 White I bought last week. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know if I should buy the Silver or Black. In my opinion, the White does a good job and I have no complaints. For my purpose, I just want to review my lines so I didn't need anything too fancy. I think this was a great camera that fit my needs. I did however, have some technical difficulties with the camera locking up, but the technical representatives from GoPro were friendly and after several troubleshooting emails offered to replace the camera. Since it was new, I just returned it at the retailer, but it was nice to know they would have replaced it anyway. If anyone is interested, below is a link to the video I took so you can see the quality. Note: I had it set on VGA mode and not HD (takes up too much memory).

I look forward to conversing with everyone in the future!

-Danny C.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Welcome! Glad you finally signed up.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 PM
ckchan21401 is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Welcome! I love my GoPro,it's a great camera.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the board Danny!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Welcome and glad you finally signed up and we look forward to your threads