996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

HELP Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
sky996 is on a distinguished road
HELP Please

Hi. Have 996 Cab and need new brakes plus a few other things. I would like to replace with red or yellow calipers. Is it better to buy parts down in the USA and get work done there, as in Vancouver, BC the cost is 30-40% higher for parts and not sure who to trust with job in south surrey area (white rock).

Second item, when I go to start sometimes have to try 3 times before clutch engages starter. Not sure what it is.

Any help would be appreciated.
Scott
skyaviation@rocketmail.com

Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
If you're just looking to change the color of the calipers, you can buy caliper paint at an auto parts store, and decals online.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
I agree with wyovino. I painted mine and got the decals on ebay. You would never know the car didn't come that way from the factory.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I agree with the suggestions to paint the calipers. Also, it sounds like your clutch switch is going out. It's fairly common.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM
sky996 is on a distinguished road
Thank you. Appreciate the feed back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.