996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Front turbo bumpers on a C2 cab. Thoughts?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
ermed911 is on a distinguished road
Front turbo bumpers on a C2 cab. Thoughts?

Thinking of doing this. Will it fit? on a NB carrera?

Old 05-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
It will fit a MK II car. The rear bumper cover will not. I think it's a nice upgrade.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Holdem will become famous soon enough
Both front and rear bumper fit. Rear bumper will tuck/pull into place with some modifications.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Anything will fit with modifications. The front bumper doesn't require any modifications.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:29 PM
rotorite is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dennis C
It will fit a MK II car. The rear bumper cover will not. I think it's a nice upgrade.
I also prefer the look of the front bumper of the c4s/turbo over the c2, with the stock plastic vents though not the metal mesh. It's all personal preference though

Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
It is a great upgrade. The OEM parts can add up quick, so make sure the bumper you buy to paint/swap has everything. For example, plastic trim under headlight can run ~$150 each.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Do you have a MK1 or MKII? The turbo bumper will fit the MKII.

If you have a MK1, the stock turbo bumper will not fit, but we do carry a turbo bumper for the MK1 if you want to go that route.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:16 AM
996_911C2_Dhru is on a distinguished road
Do it! It is my favorite appearance upgrade. But B8_RDC mentions, be sure to fully understand the cost of the upgrade. I bought a bumper with grills fairly cheap but had to purchase Turbo ducts for cooling to keep things look clean/OEM. I've seen Turbo bumpers with grills go for as low as $350 which I believe what I paid.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/3742972181.html

Attached Images   
Old 05-26-2013, 10:30 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
The front bumper underside mounting tabs are not as long. This can be secured with zip ties instead. Rear bumpers won't fit. Best to get misha rear or just do front only.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 PM
xman95 is on a distinguished road
Anybody have a parts list needed for ordering. I would love to do same mod on my 2004 C2 cab.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Saberist is on a distinguished road
Looks nice! Is it an easy upgrade?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I really like that look.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Diesel117 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by B8_RDC
It is a great upgrade. The OEM parts can add up quick, so make sure the bumper you buy to paint/swap has everything. For example, plastic trim under headlight can run ~$150 each.
What all do you need to complete the swap on an MKII? Bumper, mesh grill and ...?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Diesel117
What all do you need to complete the swap on an MKII? Bumper, mesh grill and ...?
You will need the front bumper cover, the grill cover, and the radiator ducts.
The radiator ducts are somewhat optional if you are ok with the exposed stock narrow body duct.

The little plastic trim under the headlights, tow hook cover and screws and such can be reused from your current non turbo bumper.

We might have a used OEM turbo bumper in the shop. I know we have the cover, but will need to check if we have the ducts and grill cover. PM me if anyone is interested.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:05 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
The little plastic trim under the headlights, ... can be reused from your current non turbo bumper.
Not correct. The turbo trim is specific and I had to order them since the NA do not fit.

Last edited by B8_RDC; 06-03-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front turbo bumpers on a C2 cab. Thoughts?