996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

I'm a Newbie and I have lots to learn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 06:49 PM
caperss is on a distinguished road
I'm a Newbie and I have lots to learn

Hello everyone!
First off let me say I am very happy to be a part of this Forum. I just picked up my first 911. It's an 02 Carrera Tiptronic w/55k miles I guess you call them 996's see I'm learning. I've always wanted a 911 and now I have one. I'm Sure some of the members reading this will snicker but we all start someplace. I've been around all types of cars a good portion of my 55 years but I'll be honest, I dont know much about Porsches other than I love the way they look,handle, stop and sound. I will have questions and please bear with my ignorenece. My first question is, what should I look for? You all are experts and will know any weak spots on this particular year and model. If any of the group want to give me a heads up to correct issues before they pop up I will appreciate the help and I will try to contribute when or if I can.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:00 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Welcome! It's proper etiquette to post a photo of your car shortly after your first post. There is a wealth of information here and on other forums. I wish you many years of enjoyment with your new 996! I think you'll find that it will become more than just a car and somewhat of an obsession.

Best wishes - enjoy!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 PM
I did try to load pics but they are too large. I will get some pics up soon and thanks for the warm welcome

Old 05-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Congrats and welcome. The 2002 996 is a great car and you should get lots of enjoyment out of it.

What concerns do you have? Do you have any service records or any information about the history of your new Porsche?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by caperss
I did try to load pics but they are too large. I will get some pics up soon and thanks for the warm welcome

use photobucket and you can resize them

bty, welcome to the forum

Old 05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
No Maint records and the auto broker I got it from knows nothing. Someone replaced the exhaust with a nice stainless unit a bit loud but well made and the intake tube is carbon fiber with a K+N filter runs real strong does everything nice just concerned about the ISB problems ive read about. I will photo shop the pics asap

Old 05-25-2013, 04:22 AM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Welcome

Old 05-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
you'll have a great time here!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:34 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Welcome,

Originally Posted by caperss
No Maint records and the auto broker I got it from knows nothing. Someone replaced the exhaust with a nice stainless unit a bit loud but well made and the intake tube is carbon fiber with a K+N filter runs real strong does everything nice just concerned about the ISB problems ive read about. I will photo shop the pics asap