996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Pulled over Twice in last few weeks - No Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:39 AM
kraelo has a spectacular aura aboutkraelo has a spectacular aura aboutkraelo has a spectacular aura about
Cool Pulled over Twice in last few weeks - No Ticket

A few weeks ago I was on my way back from looking at a house up north during my lunch break. I'm doing about 85 mph and I pass this silver jeep (using my blinkers and safely). Undercover State Trooper (BLAMMMO) lights and sirens. I pull over . Also I have no license plates on the car at all (haven't transferred them at DMV yet) and there was a car seat (empty) in the back seat. He walks up and asks for my driver's license only and says I passed him doing 80 mph. I though 85 mph, but whatever. Guess I need to check my speedometer for accuracy. He says he's not going to write me a ticket and he walks back to his jeep to run my record. Comes back after 30 seconds and says "Nice car and drive safe". Off I go.

Leads me to this morning. I was coming up HWY 99 from dropping off the baby and I was doing 50-55 and the speed limit is 45. There are 3 lanes going north and the far right one is a passing or bus only lane. I pass one car right after/during an intersection and I use my signal. I'm making this pass so quickly I just blurp the turn signal each time instead of letting it blink continuously.

Well lo and behold a Police officer comes flying up behind me lights and sirens and pulls me over. Walks up to the car and immediately says 'how you doing today?', "Fine, and you?" I say. He then asks why he pulled me over as usual, and I stated "I passed during intersections and didn't use blinker properly." He said "I don't really care about that, you just did it twice in a row. Oh and what year is this Porsche?" "I grin and say 2001, not as new but still a blast to drive." He says "I bet, license and registration and insurance please." Walks back to his car and runs my record, comes back and asks for my phone number and wrote it down on a card and says to drive safe and have a nice day

Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 AM
kraelo has a spectacular aura aboutkraelo has a spectacular aura aboutkraelo has a spectacular aura about
I've never received a ticket for intentionally speeding. I did get one that was dismissed, we were traveling to Lake Chelan for the day and it was a single road in the mountains and the speed dropped and it wasn't marked. So they got me there, but that ticket disappeared.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Looks like you lucked out (shouldn't try for three though ).

Last edited by Aerodude; 05-27-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Looks like you lucked out (shouldn't try for three though ).
Not trying to keep it up! Before the Porsche I never was pulled over or looked at twice!

Either I'm driving more aggressively (doubt that, most of the time I have a car seat and my daughter with me) or it sticks out more....

Old 05-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's crazy,very lucky indeed.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:11 AM
phantom works is on a distinguished road
I've found it hard to actually drive the speed limit in my 911, it feels like I'm going so slow at 65mph.
I was pulled over once for speeding while i was towing my racecar to Buttonwillow, I was doing 65mph and the speed while pulling a trailer is 55mph. The CHP officer was pretty cool though he asked me to get out of the truck and asked if I knew the speed limit while pulling a trailer I said "it's 55mph, I realize I was going a little fast" he then asked me a bunch of questions about the car and then said he had to justify pulling me over and asked if I could live with a window tint ticket. Of course I said yes and I was on my way.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
"comes back and asks for my phone number and wrote it down on a card"

THAT would bother me more than the ticket.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:40 PM
WDC 911 is on a distinguished road
I noticed that comment yesterday when I read this post but hey, a person's personal preference, yada, yada, yada....

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
"comes back and asks for my phone number and wrote it down on a card"

THAT would bother me more than the ticket.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Saberist is on a distinguished road
So baby seat = get out of jail card?

Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 PM
C4inDFW is on a distinguished road
By some stroke of bad luck, did you hear dueling banjos playing on his stereo??? (Not that anythings wrong with that!)

Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by WDC 911
I noticed that comment yesterday when I read this post but hey, a person's personal preference, yada, yada, yada....
Hey, yah that sounded weird. I think it was an incident report card.

Asked my name, phone number and where I worked.

He was out of his jurisdiction and probably has to log why he ran my plates?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Saberist
So baby seat = get out of jail card?
Baby seat, perhaps. Toddler booster seat... no way. I'm up to two tickets with a booster seat hanging out in the backseat in plain site... in a convertible, no less!

Old 06-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Went south on I-5 today, headed towards Beacon hill with my boss in the passenger seat.

He tells me to punch it and we hit about 120 in the car pool lane right before the express lane entrance headed south.

I merge over one lane slowly because of our speed and there was a little bump that lifted us up a little bit, I knew not to make a reaction of any kind (wheel correction, brakes or accel) . Our momentum was still heading forward and our wheels were straight so I knew we would land ok.

After that a little nissan pickup of some kind comes flying up behind me and snap a pic of my plates or acting like it. Then accelerated quickly around me in his ghetto work truck.

He gets about a mile ahead of me and I see him flying off at the mercer street exit trying to do a Scandinavian flick or something around the corner.

Weird people these days, sorry had to vent.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kraelo
Went south on I-5 today, headed towards Beacon hill with my boss in the passenger seat.

He tells me to punch it and we hit about 120 in the car pool lane right before the express lane entrance headed south.

I merge over one lane slowly because of our speed and there was a little bump that lifted us up a little bit, I knew not to make a reaction of any kind (wheel correction, brakes or accel) . Our momentum was still heading forward and our wheels were straight so I knew we would land ok.

After that a little nissan pickup of some kind comes flying up behind me and snap a pic of my plates or acting like it. Then accelerated quickly around me in his ghetto work truck.

He gets about a mile ahead of me and I see him flying off at the mercer street exit trying to do a Scandinavian flick or something around the corner.

Weird people these days, sorry had to vent.

From your original post, it appears you have a penchant for driving reckless. If you only drive that way when you're child is not in the car, perhaps you should think about other families who share the roadway with you and not create a hazardous situation.

120 mph = 176 fps. Means you're traveling the distance of a football field in less than 2 seconds. Hopefully that driver in his "ghetto work truck" got a clear pic of your license plate.

Save the speed for the track. You give other Porsche owners a bad name.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Assumptions can be made, that is your right and that is how I am portraying myself in this thread.

Thanks for venting on my vent thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over Twice in last few weeks - No Ticket