996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

turn signals not working after LED's install.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 07:26 PM
6t6
6t6 is on a distinguished road
turn signals not working after LED's install.

I put spyder LED's in my C2 996 and am baffled. During the install I blew fuses and finally realized one cannot hook up the side marker lights into the (these) LED'd or it will blow a fuse. So I have the brake and tail lights working but for the life of me I can't get the rear turn signals working .Fronts work but of course flash quickly due to no load from rear. I've checked every fuse in the footwell on drivers side and there are none blown. Does anyone have an idea what I check next??

Thanks in advance

Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 AM
acelucas is on a distinguished road
I installed these and had no problem with the turn signals. Make sure you go through and make sure you plugged them in where they should go. I had to sit down and make sure everything whet to the right place because the plugs don't go in the same order.

On the side marker lights you can hook them up but you need to do it correctly. They are polarized. If you are blowing fuses you need to unplug it and flip the plug. Then it should work fine. I figured this out after I hook one up correctly and one incorrectly along with some help from the forums.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:38 AM
6t6
6t6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by acelucas
I installed these and had no problem with the turn signals. Make sure you go through and make sure you plugged them in where they should go. I had to sit down and make sure everything whet to the right place because the plugs don't go in the same order.

On the side marker lights you can hook them up but you need to do it correctly. They are polarized. If you are blowing fuses you need to unplug it and flip the plug. Then it should work fine. I figured this out after I hook one up correctly and one incorrectly along with some help from the forums.

Thank you for your input especially sidemarkers. I finally figured it out.
Seems when the turn signal bulbs were seated in their sockets the bulbs were not making proper contact. So I built up the contact point at the bottom of the sockets with some soldering. Now it works fine.