996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PlastiDipped a few Interior pieces Arctic Silver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 04:04 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
PlastiDipped a few Interior pieces Arctic Silver

So,I'm pretty obsessed with this product.I've been doing a lot of people's cars:Rims,Trim,Whole Car,etc...... I always liked the look of the Arctic Silver trim kits on these cars,but never could find them for a good price. My car had some stock pieces in that color and i wanted to accent the interior with the Arctic silver some more. Plastidip recently released their "Metallic" Line,and the silver is about 90% close to the porsche arctic silver. It still peels off when i don't want it anymore,which is also nice about the product. I am very happy with how it came out,Around the shifter and the shifter **** are stock from Porsche everything else has been dipped.

Attached Images    
Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 PM
ShanesG is on a distinguished road
Nice, i was quite surprised how clean plastidip comes out. I wouldn't shoot my entire car with it like some are doing but for smaller stuff, it's a pretty good product and comes off super easy if you want to change it.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 PM
sdiamond911 is on a distinguished road
Article

I looked online but don't see anything like article silver? What did you use to get that color right

Old 06-09-2013, 04:48 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Dipyourcar.com is the only site that has it. Look for the Metallic Aluminum

Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
the new metallics are awesome. It's called aluminum under metallic kits.
If you spray from a foot away it turns out textured. Shot from about 6 inches, nice and smooth.
I just did a wheel set vintage gold and I love it.
OP turned out really nice

Old 06-09-2013, 04:58 PM
I wish they had the gold out a month ago. I did my friends boxsters wheels,had to do a few base coats of the black then a few of the gold.

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2013, 05:25 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
the vintage gold is slightly bronze with minimal gloss...i like it very much.
You could just spray over the gold on the boxster

Old 06-09-2013, 06:19 PM
vintage gold and anthracite

Attached Images   
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I still have yet to try it, but might have to on a few things soon. Whats the hardest part ? Prep ?

Old 06-10-2013, 09:07 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Nice post. Looks like a nice match. I love the aluminum bits inside a tan leather interior, its just freshens things up.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM
There really isn't anything hard about it. The only prep I do is clean everything then spray the predip spray I got from the site,which I think is just some alcohol. The key is to go light on the first coat and to do about 4-6 coats. Love this stuff.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's good to hear, I might have to venture in with a few items on my DD. So I might have a few questions in the near future

Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Feel free to answer,I have been there and done that,made and learned from my mistakes haha

Old 06-16-2013, 05:01 AM
oldsock is on a distinguished road
How does this stuff hold up on the wheels? I don't want to do it to mine, I'm just curious what the durability is like, especially when washing.