996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Just picked up my '02 C4 cabrio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Razkal is on a distinguished road
Just picked up my '02 C4 cabrio

Hello all,

I have been a BMW guy for the past 15 yrs, owning 5 over that time frame including an E46 M3. The 911 was on my bucket list since I was 5, and I was finally able to pick one up that has exceeded my expectations so far.

It has only been a week, but the handling and experience has been out of this world. Power wise I find my new car very close to my M3 and I can not even imagine what the Turbo drives/feels like.

I am planning on lowering the car, adding 19's with some proper concave and I have added some interior bits to change the interior slightly. I look forward to this next mod project. With the 911, there is not a tonne to do as it looks amazing stock.

Here are a few shots of my car:

Attached Images   
Old 06-10-2013, 06:32 AM
Fozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome! Nice clean car.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks Fozzy, I have just ordered some H&R sport springs and I installed H&R spacers last week - 15mm rear and 7mm front. With the spacers on, I now see how badly the car needs a drop lol.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. It looks like a stunning example. You'll have to post some pictures after your get the H&R goodies on

Old 07-02-2013, 08:32 AM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
Gorgeous!! I love the blue. Can't wait to see it lowered

Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM
palestar is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the car it's beautiful!

Do you have any photos of the car with the spacers on? I have the same wheels and curious how it looks.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Stefandk is on a distinguished road
Please keep the oem 18" Carrera wheels;-))

Old 07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Stefandk
Please keep the oem 18" Carrera wheels;-))
I am thinking about that but the Avant Garde M510 has really caught my eye. I wanted to go forged right away however I think the IMS/RMS retrofits make more sense to do first. Once I lower the car, I will see how it looks on the Carrera wheels as they sit really nice now with the spacers. They are pretty much flush. One inch down and it may look perfect. Stay tuned...

Old 07-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by palestar
Congrats on the car it's beautiful!

Do you have any photos of the car with the spacers on? I have the same wheels and curious how it looks.
Here is a quick shot that I took last Monday when I installed them and test drove for shakes. The spacer fitment was amazing, H&R always makes great stuff.

Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Congrats and welcome to the boards. H&R definitely makes some quality parts and I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the new additions. As for wheels, the Avant Garde M510 wheels are definitely a solid choice. it features a concave design that looks great on just about any car you put them on! Given that you have a 996 C4 Cabrio narrow body, the rear fitment is going to be very aggressive (ET60+ recommended)

Avant Garde M510
19x8.5 ET45
19x11 ET52

It can work but it will require you to adjust the camber slightly and of course run a stretched tire out back.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM
jbs80122 is on a distinguished road
Congrats and welcome. I got my C4 Cab two months ago and absolutely love it. I wanted the blue, but got a very nice slate grey metallic.