996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

(NEW TO FORUM)Anyone have any recent PROs / CONs with Agency Power Exhaust/Mufflers??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 AM
percy311 is on a distinguished road
(NEW TO FORUM)Anyone have any recent PROs / CONs with Agency Power Exhaust/Mufflers??

Hello,

I'm new to Porsche and a new member to this forum, but have searched this and rennlist for a few days and I want to see any RECENT feedback anyone has with this exhaust system. It's currently available for only $685+shipping.

My 'new' car is a 2004 4S Convertible 6speed with 93k. I (knowingly) bought it needing a clutch and RMS (which I've done) and replaced the IMS bearing as preventative maintenance as well. The wheels are 19" OZ Superlegerra

Thanks!

Attached Images   
Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Old 06-20-2013, 06:24 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Love those wheels!

Old 06-21-2013, 06:09 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
There are many after market mufflers out there which are good, AP being one of those. For the most part they all do the same this concerning the flow of exhust, however they all sound a little different, so you should decide what sound your looking for. A lot of forum members, myself included have the Fisters or PSE hack mod. IMO it's the best bang for the buck. One thing you need to decide for yourself is; is it worth the money to install a high end stainless steel exhaust system on the car where no one can see it when a $500 mod will give nice flow and a good sound?
Keep in mind, there are as many configurations of mufflers and cats, so it's all in what you are looking for. I know this is not the answer you were looking for but it's the best one I could come up with.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Welcome and congrats on your purchase I love those wheels. Have you been looking for a while ?

Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
There are many after market mufflers out there which are good, AP being one of those. For the most part they all do the same this concerning the flow of exhust, however they all sound a little different, so you should decide what sound your looking for. A lot of forum members, myself included have the Fisters or PSE hack mod. IMO it's the best bang for the buck. One thing you need to decide for yourself is; is it worth the money to install a high end stainless steel exhaust system on the car where no one can see it when a $500 mod will give nice flow and a good sound?
Keep in mind, there are as many configurations of mufflers and cats, so it's all in what you are looking for. I know this is not the answer you were looking for but it's the best one I could come up with.
Thanks for the input. I've heard the low-quality audio from the few youtube clips and it seems very tolerable. My main concern is with the specific fitment and relative build quality.
One of my stock mufflers has a small piece rattling around in it that almost sounds like a whistle every once in a while...so I'm kind of using that as my excuse to replace them.
Basically, I want to see if its a tried and true system that 'should' truly bolt right up with no issues. I'm sure I'll be content with the sound although I'm also sure that I MIGHT like the sound of a high-dollar $2k-$3k system a little more, they're just not in the cards right now.
Also, the 996 does have aftermarket headers on it and the K&N intake as well.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Welcome and congrats on your purchase I love those wheels. Have you been looking for a while ?
Funny story actually: I worked closely with a guy for the last few years who was a Porsche fanatic to the point it made me sick.
Once he left, they grew on me pretty quickly.
Within a couple months of looking, a few near-purchases (negated by terrible Pre Purchase Inspections), I finally came to terms with this one about a month ago

Old 06-21-2013, 11:49 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Most aftermarket exhausts do truely plug and play. Since you already have the headers already installed you might want to consider buying the same brand mufflers because if you were going to have fitment issues it would be there.

Originally Posted by percy311
Thanks for the input. I've heard the low-quality audio from the few youtube clips and it seems very tolerable. My main concern is with the specific fitment and relative build quality.
One of my stock mufflers has a small piece rattling around in it that almost sounds like a whistle every once in a while...so I'm kind of using that as my excuse to replace them.
Basically, I want to see if its a tried and true system that 'should' truly bolt right up with no issues. I'm sure I'll be content with the sound although I'm also sure that I MIGHT like the sound of a high-dollar $2k-$3k system a little more, they're just not in the cards right now.
Also, the 996 does have aftermarket headers on it and the K&N intake as well.

Last edited by FLA996TT; 06-21-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:32 AM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
I have the agency power exhaust on my car. Prior to that I had the stock exhaust which was way too quiet and the after hours which was too loud. The AP exhaust is a nice compromise. Def sporty and aggressive when you step on it but reasonable otherwise. Fitment was OEM in my case. For the price you can't go wrong. Congrats on the car!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:36 AM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
I have a fabspeeds with headers and car delete. If you're looking for loud I highly suggest this exhaust. I go to the Le Mans races every year and you really can't tell the difference between the race car and my car lol. After the parade lap I can't tell you how many Porsche owners come up to me asking what kind of exhaust is on my car, telling me how much they love it. I have even seen people bend down and take pictures of it so they could go home and look for it.