996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Did the Fister exhaust -but dont have C4S tips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM
vicj is on a distinguished road
Did the Fister exhaust -but dont have C4S tips?

Well, I'm finding out the hard way that all 996 exhaust tip setups are not the same. Apparently, the C4S tips have a "longer" pipe configuration to match up with the mufflers? When I made the Fister switch, I didnt realize (until the install) that I had an aftermarket exhuast (B&B) on the car (I was not impressed with the sound). Long story short, I obviously didnt have the C4S OEM tips to connect to the Fister mufflers after the install. So I have NO TIPS in the rear the time being. I CANNOT find any "C4S" tips anywhere (used).

Now I guess I am in a position of having to either spend REDICULOUS money on OEM tips for the C4, or perhaps have a muffler shop custom bend and mount some piping that will mesh up with the C4S exhaust ports. I have some tips from a 993 that I'm sure I could use but I'm a bit skeptical of handing over my car to just any muffler shop to fit them. Besides because its a Porsche I'm sure they will overcharge for fitting a couple of pipes!?

Are the Turbo tips the same as the C4? Gotta widen my search if that is the case. Any advice on resolving this would be great.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Turbo tips are not the same as C4S tips. Try a dismantler like Oklahoma Foreign.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:29 AM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
As cheap or "ricer" as this may sound, go to autozone. They have nice style tips that should work for you. My father's tip on his 944 started to rot and we replaced it with one from autozone. It looks identical to his stock tip.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Holdem will become famous soon enough
Old 07-17-2013, 06:50 PM
These tips work on the C4 and the Turbo. They come with a removable ring to adjust for Turbo or leave in place for the C4 exhaust.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Wausau 911 is on a distinguished road
My'04 C2 has an oval pipe the tips bolt to-appears these wont work unless they can be "shaped" with the adjustable ring. Anyone know if it will work?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:19 AM
My'04 C2 has an oval pipe the tips bolt to-appears these wont work unless they can be "shaped" with the adjustable ring. Anyone know if it will work?
Your C2 pipes have three notches around the outer edge and a welded bolt. You would need the bolts removed and ends re-welded with a compatibly sized section of pipe. Easy work for a muffler shop.
I replace my 04 C2 rear bumper with a OEM Turbo bumper, C4 pipes and the above mentioned tips.