996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Hello and shop suggestion please...

Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 AM
BLAU DRM is on a distinguished road
Hello and shop suggestion please...

Hello all! I am the very happy new owner of my first P-car, the 2003 996 pictured below. I can't believe it actually happened...

Anyway, my questions is: The leather on the dash is pulling up and I would like to take it to a shop to have it glued back down. Does anyone know of a good trim/upholstery shop in Orange County, CA?

Having been a co-owner of a Jeep forum, I truly appreciate all of the help and camaraderie a forum provides, and this one seems awesome. Thanks to all who help each other out!

Allan

Attached Images   
Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
That's a sharp looking cab you have there. Hope you find the shop to do the necessary work on the ash. Is that a re-spray? The reason I ask is that the Carrera sign looks almost the same color as the paintwork.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
That's a sharp looking cab you have there. Hope you find the shop to do the necessary work on the ash. Is that a re-spray? The reason I ask is that the Carrera sign looks almost the same color as the paintwork.
Thanks much. Not a re-spray...the sign is actually black and the paint color isn't much lighter. The vehicle only has 16K miles...actually 17K now thanks to me!

Old 07-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BLAU DRM
Thanks much. Not a re-spray...the sign is actually black and the paint color isn't much lighter. The vehicle only has 16K miles...actually 17K now thanks to me!

Wow that IS low mileage. How come it's so low. That might be a RED flag in the 996 circles. Lots of questions as to why it has not been used need answering.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Wow that IS low mileage. How come it's so low. That might be a RED flag in the 996 circles. Lots of questions as to why it has not been used need answering.
Aren't you a ray of sunshine? The previous owner had the car flown to Hawaii and kept it in his garage for when he was visiting the islands. It drives like a new car....I don't think he ever had the hard top off...

Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase. It looks like you found a beautiful example. I love those wheels Any plans for modifications or you just going to enjoy for a little while ?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase. It looks like you found a beautiful example. I love those wheels Any plans for modifications or you just going to enjoy for a little while ?
Thanks so much! It's good to be here. So far, I have done the wheels/tires, a fully audio system is being installed, a few carbon bits are on order, taillights/smoked side markers are done, found the correct jack/foam/spare cover on ebay, and a few other tid bits to correct the few things missing. Of course, looking at the 996 pic thread is very dangerous!

This is my last vehicle that I spent WAY too much money on...

I totally understand how this works!

Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Holdem will become famous soon enough
Nice wheels! Can you tell me the size and offset front & back. Any spacers? How wide on the rear tires? Looks great!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BLAU DRM
Aren't you a ray of sunshine? The previous owner had the car flown to Hawaii and kept it in his garage for when he was visiting the islands. It drives like a new car....I don't think he ever had the hard top off...

that was put so nicely... I was trying to figure out how to address those 2 comments

car looks very nice !!!

I've only driven mine 2000 miles a year for the past 5 years

Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Holdem
Nice wheels! Can you tell me the size and offset front & back. Any spacers? How wide on the rear tires? Looks great!
Thanks Holdem. No spacers. Wheels are:
Brand:
Avant Garde Ruger Mesh

Finish:Silver
Size Front: 19x8.5
Offset Front:45
Size Rear: 19x11
Offset Rear: 52

Rear tires are 285s. I was a little unhappy about how far out they are at first, but it has grown on me. sighting down the wheel, it only sticks out about 1/4" past the fender...not too shabby.

Originally Posted by carbonissimo
that was put so nicely... I was trying to figure out how to address those 2 comments

car looks very nice !!!

I've only driven mine 2000 miles a year for the past 5 years
Thanks carbonissimo. I am soooo happy...I tell my friends I suffer from SS on a regular basis...Spontaneous Smiling! Of course, with that color, I need to carry one of those dust mop things around to keep it looking dust free....

I am looking forward to meeting some of the local peeps on here sometime...do you guys have meet n greets? I used to organize them for my Jeep forum...hmmmmmmmm....

Old 07-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Oh man you don't mess around, you jumped straight in with the modifications Awesome looking Jeep. I recently purchased a YJ and no where near the spec of yours, as mine will just be used as a cruiser. Looks like you could have some fun with that and never get stuck.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Oh man you don't mess around, you jumped straight in with the modifications Awesome looking Jeep. I recently purchased a YJ and no where near the spec of yours, as mine will just be used as a cruiser. Looks like you could have some fun with that and never get stuck.
Very cool...I love the YJ style. Check out the stuff made for it by Genright...amazing. Mine was on 40s and she and I did some amazing trails. Unfortunately, I sold the Jeep to pay for the Pcar...I was ready for a new toy....now if they come out with a JK truck.....

Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 AM
spenat is on a distinguished road
We almost have the same 2 cars

I have a 2003 coupe in black and a 1990 Yj in red

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	264687  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Thank you for the recommendation. I'll be sure to do that. I think you made a good choice with the Porsche though, it looks amazing. The JK truck would be amazing!

spenat - Nice looking stable you have there

Old 07-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by spenat
We almost have the same 2 cars

I have a 2003 coupe in black and a 1990 Yj in red
Very very nice! I know I'll have another off road rig in not too long....HEHEHE Where are you in CA? That covers a lot of territory...

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll be sure to do that. I think you made a good choice with the Porsche though, it looks amazing. The JK truck would be amazing!

spenat - Nice looking stable you have there
Anytime. Thanks...I am very happy with my decision...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello and shop suggestion please...