996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Made a video of my clunk :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
maor is on a distinguished road
Made a video of my clunk :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:09 pm Post subject: Video of my knocking issue Reply with quote
Well I decided to make a video of it instead :

I can really control that clunk knock with the throttle so easily.

I've replaced the rear engine mount, tranny mount and rear fork arms, oh and drop links and tightened sway bar...

I am now starting to think something with CV has it really sounds like its coming from that area? If it is the CV area what could it be and what would the fix be?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM
maor is on a distinguished road
Well I am stuck.

Mechanic pin pointed the issue exactly to the spot on the picture. Whining and clunking there. 2 tranny rebuilders said the same but said parts are an issue. Diff rebuilder said the same and didn't want to get involved after seeing parts diagram.

No one is willing to take on my car and just say get a new tranny

Issue is right in here :

Am thinking about just dropping it, tearing the back off and see what is what.

Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Getting a replacement transmission may be quicker, easier, and possibly, even cheaper. Why are not letting the dealership repair, or at least, trouble shoot your issue before jumping in and replacing parts in a shotgun style of repair?? Dismantlers and junk yards will have a take-out transmission that would be a drop in.

Last edited by denversteve; 09-05-2013 at 08:27 AM.