996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

C4 Cabio suspension question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 11:22 PM
elchivo21 is on a distinguished road
C4 Cabio suspension question

Recently, I got great deal on a set of RUF springs and Bilstien Sport shocks which both are a match for 00 C4. But one thing I am not certain of is if these are a match for a cabrio. When I look on the web they never mention if they are fit for the cabrios. Worst case senario what would happen if I decide to install them on my cabrio?

Thanks,
-elchivo21

Old 09-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
The cab weighs a few pounds more than the coupe so some sets have stiffer rear springs. With the Bilstein PSS10 set that I put in my car there is no difference between the cab and coupe version.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:18 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
From what you posted, you purchased something because you got a great deal on it. For what it's worth modifications to finely engineered high-performance cars should be made with fore-thought and a specific desired outcome,, NOT On a whim because of a deal. Suspension is what keeps you safely on the road and needs to be exactly matched for a desired outcome. Better to research what you actually NEED- then get the best deal you can on that specific equipment. Not the opposite. In short- bad suspension can kill.

Last edited by denversteve; 09-05-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:19 PM
elchivo21 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by denversteve
From what you posted, you purchased something because you got a great deal on it. For what it's worth modifications to finely engineered high-performance cars should be made with fore-thought and a specific desired outcome,, NOT On a whim because of a deal. Suspension is what keeps you safely on the road and needs to be exactly matched for a desired outcome. Better to research what you actually NEED- then get the best deal you can on that specific equipment. Not the opposite. In short- bad suspension can kill.

I thought so. No difference between the two models. Obviously have considered changing my suspension that's why I initiated the purchase. Since it was a such a great deal and in the event that it didnt fit my vehicle I can choose to sell the set. I'm pretty sure if I thought of this question and got a straightforward answer (which I did) it might help out other folks along the way. Thanks guys.